Author Topic: Emergency Mode No Array Info - Please Help!!!  (Read 1651 times)

petergibbons

• Calf
Emergency Mode No Array Info - Please Help!!!
« on: July 30, 2011, 09:31:18 PM »

Terastation Pro II (TS-HTGL-EMBBC?) - Will not load RAID array properly.  The error displayed is "Emergency Mode No Array Info".  I believe it was running TS-HTGL_1.33_1.32 firmware.  I tried to run TSUpdater for the newest version of Firmware but it fails indicating that it cannot find any information.  The software wants to completely format the drive to continue.  I then tried running TSUpdater for the TS-HTGP_1.33_1.32 version of firmware and the application acts like it is going to update.  Then the entire app just greys out and never seems to do anything.  There is no network activity on my system during this time.  I have turned off my firewall and AV.  

I have also attempted to attach my drives to a Linux (Ubuntu) and Windows (7) machine without success.  Windows won't load the disk and Ubuntu says unable to mount.  I really need to get my data off of these disks.  Can someone please offer some advice?  If not, can someone tell me what file system is being used and how I might mount it and get my data off?

Thanks in advance!

Jotin

• Big Bull
Re: Emergency Mode No Array Info - Please Help!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2011, 11:13:16 PM »

The disks are formated in XFS... which Linux should have picked up right away. You could try using UFS explorer to recover the data using Windows. I do see in the software something about setting up a virtual RAID. That might help you. I've never used it before but It's worth a try. Also, if you are within warranty I would try and get a replacement box to put your drives in to see if it may just be a problem with the box and not an actual currupt RAID.