Author Topic: Mac OS 10.7 Issues w/ Time Machine - PLEASE READ  (Read 93135 times)

jezarotiades

• Calf
Re: Mac OS 10.7 Issues w/ Time Machine - PLEASE READ
« Reply #60 on: August 27, 2011, 11:40:49 AM »

Exactly the same position for me with a LS-QL4 bought in France

As nothing move I am currently looking at the Synology RS411. if has brilliant features and I can put my 4 hard disk of my LS-QL in it.

I don't have the money yet but if then no update ar available for my LS-QL I am going to quit Buffalo definitively.

JEZ

ccarter404

• Calf
« Reply #61 on: August 27, 2011, 11:43:47 AM »

If you are like me and don’t know if Buffalo is going to upgrade the firmware on your product for Mac OSX Lion compatibility or if you are just generally frustrated, please like my post on the Synology contest web site. You will help me win a new NAS and you will be entered to win one too! ?

My post is under Cindy Brewer Carter.  Thanks for any and all support!

psternklar

• Calf
« Reply #62 on: August 28, 2011, 02:50:49 PM »

CloudStor working with TM, Lion and new beta.  Thanks

patt_itt

• Calf
« Reply #63 on: August 29, 2011, 01:19:45 AM »

It's BIG DAY, August 29th, for CloudStor. No postpone, pleaseeeeee.

****Mac OS10.7 version was released on Aug 26. Link is on the left side of the forums.*****

bdsmith

« Reply #64 on: August 31, 2011, 07:34:57 PM »

So if I am running Firmware Version 1.54 on the LS-V1.0TL.  So I guess this includes all the Lion OS X updates?  The main page of the forum says to go to UPDATE, and I don't where they are talking about?  My firmware within the Web Config says I am up to date.  I just bought my unit and haven't configured with Time Machine, yet but am ready to do so with 3 different Macs.  Will this be compatible also with a PowerPC Mac G5 running NASNav2 2.35?

PRPechek

• Calf
« Reply #65 on: August 31, 2011, 07:48:25 PM »
Bdsmith,

You are good to go. 1.54 has the Time Machine fix built in.

boing

• Calf
« Reply #66 on: September 01, 2011, 03:30:49 PM »

Buffalo, 

can anybody please make a statement, if any other older models will get an update for the OSX Lion time machine issue?

It is really dissapointing to not even get an answer to such a basic question up to now.

BenFranklin1776

• Calf
« Reply #67 on: September 02, 2011, 06:49:34 PM »

Is there a beta for hardware revision 1 of the LS-CHL yet? I haven't done a backup in 3 months and I purchased my unit new less than a year ago.

DaN-PwN

• Calf
« Reply #68 on: September 02, 2011, 08:54:34 PM »

okye dokye

it's now september, when's this firmware update coming to the rest of us? tic toc tic toc...

has anyone mentioned the poor customer service yet?!

greetal

• Calf
« Reply #69 on: September 03, 2011, 06:50:15 AM »

I have an LS-VL that I have successfully updated to firmware v1.53, but I cannot set it up for Time Machine.  In webadmin, I navigate to Extensions : Time Machine, click the radio button to "enable" Time Machine and then select the folder that is set up as an Apple share with read/write access.  However, I never get any form titled "Mac Information".  There is no place to input the Target Host Name or Target MAC address.  That form just does not appear below the Time Machine form.  What's going on?  How do I get to the form to input the Target Host Name and Target MAC address?  Thanks.?

bdsmith

« Reply #70 on: September 03, 2011, 07:51:09 AM »

I am going to try and configure my unit with Time Machine this weekend.  I had the same problem before not finding the Target Host Name and Target Mac Address section so I can use the backup feature.  I still didn't get any answer as to using Time Machine backup on my older PowerPC Mac G5.  This is where the first unti I had crashed while attempting to set this up -- and I'm not wanting to destroy everything I've setup so far now.

Products:  WZR-HP-G300NH, LS-VL

ngarimu

• Calf
« Reply #71 on: September 07, 2011, 01:58:15 AM »

Are we really a week into September already with no word on the TeraStation updates? Please, as it was put in the early post 'these are commercial class devices' so why do we not get commercial (as in "we've already paid a hefty price for them") class support? 

A simple "sorry all but we ran into problems and no updates yet, wish I could tell you when but I can't" would suffice. At least then we don't feel completely left out in the dark.

Delta5

• Calf
« Reply #72 on: September 07, 2011, 10:22:04 AM »

BenFranklin1776 wrote:

Is there a beta for hardware revision 1 of the LS-CHL yet? I haven't done a backup in 3 months and I purchased my unit new less than a year ago.

+1

Any word on the LS-CHL V1's?  Or are those owners just SOL? 

If there will be no update, ever, then Buffalo needs to admit this ASAP so that V1 owners can start planning to upgrade to a different NAS solution that is compatible with Time Machine on Lion.

trpatterson3

• Calf
« Reply #73 on: September 08, 2011, 09:43:32 AM »

Downloaded the file, skimmed the instructions, ran the update, rebooted several times, backed up both my MacBook Pro's.

THANKS YOU!!!

ngarimu

• Calf
« Reply #74 on: September 08, 2011, 09:45:09 AM »

@trpatterson3: which device/hardware? Which file (firmware version, link)?