Author Topic: Mac OS 10.7 Issues w/ Time Machine - PLEASE READ  (Read 92936 times)

ajreynolds23

• Calf
Re: Mac OS 10.7 Issues w/ Time Machine - PLEASE READ
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2011, 01:24:07 PM »

Davo,

Not years ago, more like 18months ago.  It all boils down to the customer support organization and how much they are willing to stand by their products and their customers. 

And, if this is such a strange idea, why does the ECC place product support at 7 years ?

It comes down the Buffalo's lazy Development and Support teams, instead of fixing/keeping up with models they built, they just focus on the new products, and screw everyone else.

And that is why Synology is going to get all of their business.

cjamescarr

• Calf
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2011, 11:54:59 AM »

Wondering what the word is about the 1.53b firmware (Linkstation Pro XHL - 1TB). Anybody having any issues with it I should be aware of before I install it? Don't want to mess up my backup drive, though I don't like going without backups either. Relatedly: any word as to when the full (non-beta) version will be out?

tsammyc

• Calf
« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2011, 05:05:03 AM »

Just to let you know, firmware 1.53beta for my LS-WVL is working great and I have 3 Macbook Air's backing up to it now. Kudos to Buffalo for coming up with the patch so quickly. I do have a Quad on my network though and would appreciate it if you could patch that too.

spooky

• Calf
« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2011, 05:50:11 PM »

I did not say I needed to access data.

You are quite right though, I really need to stop complaining about it. After all, I am only a customer. I'll try telling that to any unhappy customers and see where it gets me (or I would if I had any that were unhappy). How about you give it a go as well and let us know how it works out for you.

I have a LS-CHL - that is not discontinued as far as I can see - it seems they have updated the product though, and in a very short time. and abandoned their V1.

However much you want to defend Buffalo, they have had months to sort this out and the situation has been known about for months. 

How about you stop responding to my posts FFS! I would love Buffalo to respond instead.

ajreynolds23

• Calf
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2011, 12:58:05 AM »

I guess we lost PRPechek?, haven't heard from him in a week. 

drmemory

• Big Bull
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2011, 10:30:05 AM »

PRPechek is still here - he's been on some other forums and he's working on several customer things at once, while pushing Japan for faster releases of FW.

The release for FW1.54 is due within a few days, for USA download release.

PRPechek

• Calf
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2011, 10:36:38 AM »
Spooky, AJ,

I am still here and I have been working on this.  I should have something to tell you both by the end of the week.  I have been meeting with the Linkstation product group manager in Japan.  Sorry for the slow responses as I am on he road.

Regards,

Jay Pechek
Public Relations Manager
Buffalo Technology
www.buffalotech.com

ajreynolds23

• Calf
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2011, 11:14:51 AM »

Thanks Jay for the update

TimS

• Calf
« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2011, 10:56:55 PM »

Thanks Jay - please keep the LS-QL in mind.  there are many of us out here...

spooky

• Calf
« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2011, 03:58:27 PM »

Thanks Jay.

elvisimprsntr

• Calf
« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2011, 05:29:50 PM »

BACKGROUND

I previously installed 1.53beta on my LS-WXL without too much trouble if you ignore the fact that i had to change the language and set up all the ACL all over again.   

I see that BT release an official 1.54 which I have tried both the WIndows and MacOS updater, neither of which work.  The WIndows updater transfers the firmware, then seems to proceed to write the frmware.  Unfotunately when it gets to the end the updated reports an error and terminates the firmware update.  The Mac OS  version reports a communication problem almost from the start claiming that it could not authenticate.

REPLY REQUESTED

Has anyone else observed a similar problem and what if anyting am I doing wrong that might be causing the problem?

Thanks,

Elvis 

UPDATE

Never mind.   FN Windows firewall

the7dials

• Calf
« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2011, 08:49:36 AM »

Jay

Let me add my voice to the chorus of LS QL (LS QL530 to be exact)!  REALLY NEED THIS WORKING FOR OUR COMPANY!!!!

ccarter404

• Calf
« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2011, 03:12:07 PM »

Jay,

I just bought a new MAC and own the original terastation HD-H1.0TGL/R5?, which of course I cannot access from my new MAC.

I have noticed a workaround for the HD-H1.0TGL/R5?, but I would prefer to wait for a Buffalo-sanctioned firmware update if one will be forthcoming for my model and in a timely manner.?

You mentioned that there will be an update for terastations, but I did not see a mention of which terastation models.

A few requests:  

1. Put a link on the Buffalo home page to a site that provides status updates regarding this issue, so end users don't have to search the forums.

(Synology has a home page link to their 3.2 Beta subsite which details their Mac-Friendly Solution).  

Note:  I don't own a Synology product, only Buffalo.

2. List all models which will get a MAC OSX Lion compatible firmware upgrade.  List all models which will NOT receive an upgrade.  So that if    

certain older models will not be upgraded, those of us that have one will not wait in vain.  (Of course all of us with older models hope Buffalo

will provide a fix for us too.)

3. List the firmware upgrade target dates by model.

4. Be transparent with customers.  Provide clear, honest expectations.  Don't tell us what we necessarily want to hear, because we all would like a fix for this issue yesterday.  Instead pick target dates that are achievable so that we end users can make educated decisions regarding our willingness to wait.

Thanks for your consideration,

Cindy 

mzeecedric

• Calf
« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2011, 12:58:15 PM »

I am fully with you Cindy! I am waiting for transparent information about updates and really angry by now. There is no real news about when updates are to be published neither the versions that will be supported! What about Linkstation Pro Duo, LS-WTGL/R1-V3 F/W 3.09?!?

2020hindsight

• Calf
« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2011, 12:47:44 PM »

Seeing as we have two threads, I'll post this here as well

Regarding this link http://www.buffalo-technology.com/knowledgebase/users/kb.php?id=10271??, I've just noticed the following statement. 

*Products released before Mac OS 10.7 was launched, and aren't listed below are incompatible with Mac OS 10.7

?It wasn't highlighted - whether it was there earlier I've no idea but this seems to be an official statement from Buffalo .....

?