Author Topic: Mac OS 10.7 Issues w/ Time Machine - PLEASE READ  (Read 92921 times)

drmemory

• Big Bull
Re: Mac OS 10.7 Issues w/ Time Machine - PLEASE READ
« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2011, 01:01:50 PM »

We are asking the Japan engineers, to have products not on the list, to be included. No word yet from them.

Sorry to not have more definitive news, but we'll keep pushing.

ccarter404

• Calf
« Reply #46 on: August 15, 2011, 01:18:41 PM »

2020hindsight,

I don't believe this statement tells us anything that we don't already know.  We know the devices are incompatible.  What we want to know is...Are the devices going to be made compatible and if so, what are the target dates for the firmware upgrades by model?

I'm giving Buffalo until COB 8/19 to inform me if my particular model will be made compatible and if so when.  As a Buffalo customer, if I'm not offered at least the courtesy of information, I will no longer be a Buffalo customer.  I will become a Synology customer.

For me, the lack of complete and actionable information is entirely unacceptable and not the way a company should treat its customers if it wants them to be repeat customers.

Cindy

peteguyton

• Calf
« Reply #47 on: August 15, 2011, 02:11:11 PM »

Ciindy, I feel your pain.... and support you... as do a whole pile of other frustrated users.

Couple more things

• I started another thread HERE about my "legacy" model (LS-QL, less than 2yrs old). 
  • If Buffalo is going to NOT ever support the older models, we need to know that.
  • If Buffalo is going to support the older models, but just doesn't know the dates yet, then tell us that.
  • If a less-than-two-year-old device is not going to be supported, then how about an upgrade path or trade-in?  Or at least tell my the drives can be yanked out of the old one and re-used in the currently supported, closest equivalent. 

Anyway, Buffalo has a lot to gain (or lose) based on their response to this situation.  Some strong competition out there , as you mentioned, and some? have very strong customer satisfaction ratings. 

Regards,

Peter

PRPechek

• Calf
« Reply #48 on: August 15, 2011, 02:34:06 PM »

Friends,

We are working on a solution for the models that are not listed on my original post.  I thought that I would be able to announce something but unfortunately logistics is proving harder than I originally thought.

I should have something shortly to announce.

Regards,

Jay Pechek

Public Relations Manager

Buffalo Technology

Office 512.349.1333 | Mobile 512.739.7275

11100 Metric Blvd Ste. 750 | Austin, TX 78758

jayp@buffalotech.com

www.buffalotech.com

ccarter404

• Calf
« Reply #49 on: August 15, 2011, 03:08:24 PM »

Jay,

If you don't have a complete list of which models will get a compatible upgrade and applicable target dates, how about a date when you will have this information?  The issue for me is that in your words, you "should have something shortly to announce?."  The word "should" is not a commitment that you "will" and the word "shortly" is too "subjective."  I don't know what shortly means -- could mean 1 week, 1 month, etc.  It is not a date I can plan around.

At a minimum, what I need from Buffalo is "We WILL provide:

1. a complete list of models, indicating those that will be upgraded and those that won't be upgraded.

2. for those models which will be upgraded, the firmware availability dates by model.

3. for those models which will not be upgraded, per peteguyton's suggestion, alternatives such as a trade-in or reuse of old drives in a newer

compatible model.

4. all of this information will be provided no later than [INSERT SPECIFIC DATE].

I think my request for a specific date when Buffalo will provide an action plan with details is a reasonable request.

Thanks,

Cindy

scottland2069

• Calf
« Reply #50 on: August 16, 2011, 09:59:05 AM »

I really must say I have learned a lot about Buffalo's level of customer support. I have a LS-Q4.0TL/R5? and am left with no support and no data. And Buffalo's tech support telleing me i am out of luck, your Linkstation is out of support, too bad for you.  You gladly took my cash and now you gladly decline to provide support. Buffalo had months with dev previews, months. Even if you couldn't get everything updated you had months to prepare a professional responce to this issue, and prepare a professional timeline. Months.

My company is in the market for a storage soultion, really, at least now my job is easier.  One less vendor to choose from. 

Now I get to explain to my wife why we need to move to Synology in order to support her business.  To support the new Mac we bought. You know the ones that only come with Lion. 

Thank You Buffalo

Scott

p.s. I love how Buffalo's "latest news" on the home page is from May. Hope that ministation plus is working for you.

hermandez

• Calf
« Reply #51 on: August 17, 2011, 03:38:34 AM »

I believe they will push some updates after the current LinkStations model firmware is done. I will see if I can get the list.?

Jerrball

• Calf
« Reply #52 on: August 19, 2011, 10:52:07 AM »

http://www.buffalo-asia.com/support/macosxlion/index.html?  (I have an LS-QL unit)

Seriously - I buy the unit refurbished from ecost.com and 45 days later it is unusable.

I think I am going to blog if I can not return the unit.

cedric3006

• Calf
« Reply #53 on: August 20, 2011, 10:56:52 AM »

hello,

I'm a french buffalo user and I'm not very pleased about this situation. No TimeMachine on Lion is not acceptable for me.

It was the same problem with Snow Leopard, Buffalo took few months to solve a problem.

I must admit that Buffalo is not a serious company and let their customer in such a situation.

I'm starting searching for other provider to replace my buffalo NAS.

Cedric

elanmike

• Calf
« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2011, 02:22:44 PM »

I have the TeraStation Live HS-DH6.0TGL/RS. Now with OSX Lion I can access via SMB but it is extremely slow. Bacjups used to happen overnight. Now it takes 3 days. I tried to delete 3 folders and got the spinning wheel. I left if for 14 hours and it finally finished deleting the 3 folders! 

Questions:

1. Can I use NFS with the TeraStation Live? Apparenetly this still works on Lion.

2. I see an updated firmware is scheduled for TeraStation ProII  but not TeraStation Live. I understand hardware is the same and some have installed TeraStation ProII firmware on the TeraStation Live. As I do not use PCAST I could hapilly move to this new firmware if it solves the issue. Please confirm the Pro II firmware can be installed on the Live.

***Pro II firmware is incompatible with the TS Live****  posted by admin

TimS

• Calf
« Reply #55 on: August 23, 2011, 08:32:46 PM »

Jay -

Haven't seen an update in a while on the status ( or fate) of the LS-QL.  Can you please provide this group a status as to whether or not this is being worked on?  At this point, I believe Buffalo owes its consumers an update so that we can make a decision to protect our data. 

Thanks

DaN-PwN

• Calf
« Reply #56 on: August 23, 2011, 10:10:25 PM »

wow, a month later and still no solid solution for these people. I use my mini station for home use but I'd hate to be in a business and have to rely on this cake. 

I posted here in the origianal topic about the issue a day after lions release and have been checking in at least once a week. this trully is bad and if I'm ever to invest on a business NAS solution this won't be it lol

best of luck to everyone...

anyone interested in a mini linkstation 1T? 4 months old... 

boing

• Calf
« Reply #57 on: August 24, 2011, 02:00:08 AM »

Jay,

a month has passed and still no information at all which of the older models will get a frimware update. If there are no plans, just say so. Then we can find other solutions and move on.

I like my Linkstation Mini, LS-WS1.0GL/R1? but its main purpose is Time Machine backup. If there are no plans to support this device I need to know that and buy something else.

elanmike

• Calf
« Reply #58 on: August 25, 2011, 02:38:23 PM »

"***Pro II firmware is incompatible with the TS Live****  posted by admin" - this answers one question, although as there seem to be a lot of people on the web who have successfully done the change out, I'm surprised.

So the question is, if there is an update for Tera Station Pro II, why not Tera Station Live? What am I supposed to do with my NAS, throw it away?

What about using NFS? Possible?

patt_itt

• Calf
« Reply #59 on: August 27, 2011, 03:08:52 AM »

Thanks for the CloudStor's BETA update for Mac (Time Machine issue w/ Lion). It WORKS.