I just bought a new MAC and own the original terastation HD-H1.0TGL/R5?, which of course I cannot access from my new MAC.
I have noticed a workaround for the HD-H1.0TGL/R5?, but I would prefer to wait for a Buffalo-sanctioned firmware update if one will be forthcoming for my model and in a timely manner.?
You mentioned that there will be an update for terastations, but I did not see a mention of which terastation models.
A few requests:
1. Put a link on the Buffalo home page to a site that provides status updates regarding this issue, so end users don't have to search the forums.
(Synology has a home page link to their 3.2 Beta subsite which details their Mac-Friendly Solution).
Note: I don't own a Synology product, only Buffalo.
2. List all models which will get a MAC OSX Lion compatible firmware upgrade. List all models which will NOT receive an upgrade. So that if
certain older models will not be upgraded, those of us that have one will not wait in vain. (Of course all of us with older models hope Buffalo
will provide a fix for us too.)
3. List the firmware upgrade target dates by model.
4. Be transparent with customers. Provide clear, honest expectations. Don't tell us what we necessarily want to hear, because we all would like a fix for this issue yesterday. Instead pick target dates that are achievable so that we end users can make educated decisions regarding our willingness to wait.
Thanks for your consideration,