Author Topic: Mac OS 10.7 Issues w/ Time Machine - PLEASE READ  (Read 92917 times)

spooky

• Calf
Re: Mac OS 10.7 Issues w/ Time Machine - PLEASE READ
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2011, 07:08:47 PM »

Looking closer at this, my LS-CHL has the blue interface - does that matter?

BenFranklin1776

• Calf
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2011, 03:24:59 AM »

Hi Jay,

I have a LS-CHL but it's hardware version one and the beta won't install on my drive. I have been working with your technical support team for 4 weeks and was told for 3 weeks that there was no problem with using Time Machine on OSX Lion. I am incredibly frustrated with the level of support that I have received to date, but you seem to be more knowledgeable about this issue than your support staff.

Can you confirm that there is a fix in the works for LS-CHL v1? I have been a Buffalo customer for 5-years, but I am considering switching to QNAP since I haven't had a proper backup in over a month and haven't been given any information that my problem will be resolved in a timely fashion. I also did not appreciate your support team telling me there was no problem--Seth Z was particularly condescending until last weekend, when he finally acknowledged the issue, but provided no additional information.

Thank you for being the one person in your company that understands the importantance of communicating updates with your customers.

Ben

BenFranklin1776

• Calf
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2011, 03:28:10 AM »

@Spooky there are two hardware versions of the LS-CHL and the beta won't run on version 1, which you have. I am in the same situation as you.

japiers

• Calf
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2011, 02:09:22 PM »

I have a Linkstation LS-CH1.0TL-V2. I've updated to firmware 1.53 and that is the version listed in NASNavigator2. However when I try to log in to access the settings my user name and password are accepted but then I get the following error message;

"The current session has expired. Please sign in again.?"

...and get sent back to the login screen.

I can access my files but cannot write to the drive, when I try I get the following message

"folder does not exist"

If I default to factory settings (by turning off and holding down the function button) will this sort out my issue and keep all the files I have on the NAS?

PRPechek

• Calf
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2011, 09:15:10 AM »

Ben,

Let me say first that I am sorry for your lack of support from one of our techs, I will make sure that it is addressed.

As for the LS-CHL v.1 I have been told that our engineers are working on the firmware for the currently shipping models and then they will release updates for the previous generation, unfortunately, I was not given a timeline.  I am going to assume that it will most likely be the end of August/early September but, again, that is an assumption.  I have asked for clarification.

Again, I am sorry for your lack of support.

Regards,

Jay Pechek

Public Relations Manager

Buffalo Technology

Office 512.349.1333 | Mobile 512.739.7275

11100 Metric Blvd Ste. 750 | Austin, TX 78758

jayp@buffalotech.com

www.buffalotech.com

Follow us, and join the discussion!

facebook.com/buffalotech

twitter.com/buffalotech 

forums.buffalotech.com

NYSpursFan

• Calf
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2011, 03:29:16 PM »

I regret to report that this update didn't work with my LS-WXL53D. I'm ok until the unit starts Rebooting and counting down, but then I get an error message and the red "Info/Error" light is blinking on the NAS unit itself. Wait. Hold on. The Rebooting process started again, the red Info/Error light is off, and the Power light is blinking. Rebooting in 60 seconds....59...58....57.....now it's Rebooting again.....with the blinking Power light....I seem to be stuck in a cycle here. Now what? 

Hold the phone! It worked after all! The update went through 3 or 4 reboots, but then it stopped. I then asked for a manual Time Machine backup, and it started backing up as normal. Hooray!!

The update continues to chug along. I haven't updated TIme Machine in ~2 weeks, and this update is taking awhile to backup >13 GB. But it looks like all is well. 

spooky

• Calf
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2011, 04:17:58 PM »

I have to say that it really is not acceptable. I am supposed to wait without any backups and possibly lose valuable data due to an issue that you should have been aware of for quite some time. Other providers appear to have this in hand - why have Buffalo not been on top of this? I will now have to consider buying new equipment that will actually work.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2011, 04:30:14 PM »

spooky wrote:

I have to say that it really is not acceptable. I am supposed to wait without any backups and possibly lose valuable data due to an issue that you should have been aware of for quite some time. Other providers appear to have this in hand - why have Buffalo not been on top of this? I will now have to consider buying new equipment that will actually work.

It will work, as has been stated several times, just use FTP!!!

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

spooky

• Calf
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2011, 05:21:03 PM »

FTP? Are you serious? I don't get the point of your response. You know full well that Time Machine backups are what I am talking about. Are you sure you don't work for them, as you certainly seem to defend them very actively.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2011, 04:02:50 AM »
No I dont work for them.
Your question: "I need to access data"
My response: "use FTP"

Don't forget, nothing changed on the buffalo, it is Apple that broke your TM! You yourself seem them blame
everyone but Apple!
You need to face the facts:
1. Your unit is discontinued
2. Buffalo have provided updates for there current devices.
3. Other manufacturer so far (the majority) have only updated there current range for the lion issue
4. The issue for your unit will be resolved given time, as stated, your devices is discontinued and so is not priority.
Btw: I dont always defend Buffalo, what I do is look at it from both sides and give my opinion. In this case (again in my opinion) you are wrong!
Just wait for the fix and stop moaning about it FFS!
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

wmuckell

• Calf
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2011, 09:07:08 AM »

I have a LS-CHL now with 1.5.3 beta firmware. But my Time Machine is telling me that AFP is not working. 

Does anyone have an setup instructions for setting this up to work with Lion Time Machine??????

I.E. Do I have to mount it somehow first using afp?????  I have been mounting the drive using smb://

NYSpursFan

• Calf
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2011, 09:11:34 AM »

Update: Time Machine has been working perfectly with my LS-WXL53D since I updated the firmware on 1 August. 

ajreynolds23

• Calf
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2011, 09:44:24 AM »

Davo,

I disagree,  where does it say that if an item is discountinued , it has 'lower' priority. Furthermore, if it is still under warranty, it should have the same priority as active products.

The only folks that woud lower the priority are lazy Sr Managers in Development and Support who don't want to do their jobs and support the customer

tarbob

• Calf
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2011, 10:08:44 AM »

And FTP doesn't work for USB drives that are plugged in to the LinkStation

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2011, 12:45:49 PM »

ajreynolds23 wrote:

Davo,

I disagree,  where does it say that if an item is discountinued , it has 'lower' priority. Furthermore, if it is still under warranty, it should have the same priority as active products.

The only folks that woud lower the priority are lazy Sr Managers in Development and Support who don't want to do their jobs and support the customer

SOoooo, by your logic, a unit that seized production years ago (for example) would have the same proirity as a unit that is currently in production..... yeah good luck with that!

tarbob wrote:

And FTP doesn't work for USB drives that are plugged in to the LinkStation

?Umm, yes it does actually!