Author Topic: Reset terrastation to factory defaults  (Read 2747 times)

vitas

• Calf
Reset terrastation to factory defaults
« on: January 15, 2010, 12:33:17 AM »

TerraStation TS-WX2.0TL/R1-EU
S/N 65848095100970

Troubles:
1. Can't reset administrative login settings to factory defaults;
2. Can't access share(s) or shres accessed read only;

Jobs was done:
1. changed admin login name to other;
2. changed default password;
3. delegated auth. functions to external smb server and THEN ROLLED BACK to local;

Only standart local user can login via WEB interface to TS and no administrative
jobs can do.

Please help me to reset TS login and password to factory defaults and process administrative jobs.
Init function by pressing the reset button was done many times, but unsuccessfully...

Thanks in advance.

JoshC

• Big Bull
Re: Reset terrastation to factory defaults
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010, 04:00:06 AM »

Shut the unit down and hold down the INIT button.  Boot the unit up as your holding it down and keep holding it down for about 15-20sec.  See if that works if not then try the force firmware procedure and check delete user config.

vitas

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2010, 08:33:15 AM »

Then I'm trying to force firmware update, the TSUpdater asking me for admin password. Any password I typing (default 'password' or changed by me) is wrong and I can't do force firmware update procedure.

Is another way to reset TS?

vitas

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2010, 01:08:10 AM »

Solved.

Problem was to bring the TS to EM mode. The problem was solved by using acp_commander with switch -emmode and after restart the TS started up in the EM mode, and force firmware procedure don't asked admin password .

Note, that any built-in button combination was not worked to reset password to factory defaults or bring the TS to EM mode.

JoshC

• Big Bull
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2010, 01:16:57 AM »

That is good news.  Just as a side note Buffalo does not condone or support the use of ACP_State Commander.