Author Topic: Is E22 always (eventually) fatal?  (Read 1458 times)

EmKay

• Calf
Is E22 always (eventually) fatal?
« on: July 27, 2011, 05:55:21 PM »

1) Include the model number of your product. Buffalotech has a variety of Linkstations, Drivestations, and Terastations models. Different models have different feature sets.

LS-CH2.0TL-V2

2) Include the firmware revision.

3) Include information about your computer, network, etc.

Linkstation is connected to Linksys Router, which is cabled; 2 Win7 workstations connect to it via wireless 2nd router, wired to 1st router.  (Not sure what info is needed, here?)

4) More details are better than less details for people trying to help solve your issue.

Came home, today, to an E22 LED indicator.  From the forums, it appears to always be near-fatal, but I shut the device down and then restarted, and it's now displaying solid blue, and is accessible.  DO I NEED TO GET MY DATA OFF this drive, though?  Does this mean I'm facing another drive problem in the future?

5) Please make sure to search the forums thoroughly before posting??

Did, not sure I saw anything like my situation.

I've been on hold to tech support for 20 minutes, and I don't have an unlimited cell plan, so I thought I'd post here and hang up...

Any advice is appreciated.

Jotin

• Big Bull
Re: Is E22 always (eventually) fatal?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2011, 08:22:43 AM »

I would do a back up yes. E22 means that it could not find the hard drive. Either it was a simple software problem and you can flash the firmware or there is hardware problem in either the HDD or the Nas enclosure.