Author Topic: I/O Device Error - MiniStation  (Read 3104 times)

slhall28

• Calf
I/O Device Error - MiniStation
« on: July 19, 2011, 04:02:06 PM »

I purchased two (2) Ministations (HD-PXT1TU2) in March. I just had one give me some problems. Encryption is enabled. When I plug into the USB drive it asks for my password (per usual), after authenticating it sits and processes (blinking light)... never fully recognizing the drive. I eventually received a "I/O Device Error" message and it could not connect and I could not access the data on the drive. I've tried all the standard stuff - rebooting computer, using different USB port, even a different computer - with the same result. When I plug in my other MiniStation, it works just fine. I'm running a Windows 7, 32-bit basic computer, nothing fancy.

I was actually plugging it in to back-up the data on it onto my other MiniStation. Never quite made it there. Any hope of recovering the data?

**Also noteworthy - a couple days ago I had it plugged in to perform a back-up of my computer. It took an unusually long time and never actually finished before I had to "safely eject" the drive so I could shut down the computer. This seemed to be the start of my problems.

teagan05

• Calf
Re: I/O Device Error - MiniStation
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 01:19:12 AM »

Try to update the driver of buffalo storage device . Maybe it will solve the problem.

But sometimes due to some viruses the USB have problem with loading the storage devices

slhall28

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 12:05:17 PM »

Thanks for the feedback. I checked this as well and everything was up-to-date.

Looks like I am doomed. I'll probably just keep the drive in a safe place in case I find I need something critical from it, in which I will have to pay for recovery services. Online data back-up is looking better and better when my "quality" external hard-drive fails after 4 months of use. FYI - I did a complete back-up on my second MiniStation with no problems yesterday, although now I get nervous when I plug the thing in.

Onoori

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2012, 11:43:12 AM »

HI SIr,

Any luck on that error? i encounter the same today and really upset for it , i dont know what will do? any one have help?? plz let me know. My error is Drive is locked by esecurity policy, i dont know what the heal it mean and also the lock light is ON on the hard drive.