Author Topic: Linkstation Live 500 Internal Server Error - Not Resolved  (Read 10098 times)

norco

• Calf
Linkstation Live 500 Internal Server Error - Not Resolved
« on: July 18, 2011, 04:06:05 PM »

I've seen all the resolutions to this error, which are ALL "re-install firmware", but my drive has had this error for years and re-applying firmware updates doesn't solve the issue.

My Pro Quad 4TB and LS-500 both work fine with whatever browser/computer settings I have, but my LS-DH1000GL gives me this 500 Internal Server Error.

Computer:  Dell E6400 (was using a D620 w/ same issue), 4GB Ram, IE 8 (was IE 7), Firefox 4 (was all prior versions)
Drive:  Linkstation Live LS-DH1000GL, f/w 2.10.05

The drive IS recognized by NasNavi:  Did use static ip (192.168.0.108) and now DHCP (currently .112).  The drive name is MEDIA-1 and YES it can be accessed via Windows Explorer at \\media-1.  NO, it cannot be accessed via browser at EITHER http://192.168.0.112 or http://media-1.

I've moved all the data from this drive - I just want a way to get it back to factory, working condition.  Is there a tech with a low-level utility that can give this box an enema?

Thx - Frustrated Buffalo Consumer?

thomasvanroost

• Calf
Re: Linkstation Live 500 Internal Server Error - Not Resolved
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2011, 01:26:23 PM »

Hey There!

exact same problem here.. 

No access to the web interface, get a "internal server error" message from the apache server.

Everything else works.. even the Bittorrent Client..

Do I send it back?

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, admin@localhost and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/1.3.39 Server at LinkStation-LSGL Port 80? ?

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011, 01:41:04 PM »

You could even try resetting it but most likely you'll have to flash the firmware or try another browser.

Merko

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2011, 10:07:12 AM »

I'm having the same issue as you guys. "500 - Internal Server Error".  If i reboot the Linkstation, it works fine for a few mins, then i get "500 - Internal Server Error" again.

I also can't access any folders in it anymore. I can browse to "\\ls-wxl681\" and list the folders, but i can't go any futher.

Had the linkstation for over a year, and never had any issues with this untill now.

I also tried to update the firmware (currently it's using 1.24) but i got a "APC_SATE_FAILURE" during the update of firmware process.

I can however browse the LinkStation Page where i can set up all the configurations etc. just the webserver that returns "500 internal server error".

I got LS-WXL681  if that matters. Any suggestions? I'm kinda stuck.

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2011, 10:41:25 AM »

Try a direct connection to the unit with your PC using a static IP address on both devices and see if you are still having the same issue. If you are then you can try the force firmware update with the delete user config option checked in the debug settings. Either a firmware update is the only way to solve this issue or it is a local network issue.

Merko

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2011, 02:45:54 PM »

You think that would help?

The software it self finds the LinkStation fast and even start the firmware updating. It looks like its copying stuffs over, but after a while, when it's almost finished, i get the ACP_STATE_FAILURE error.

The linkstation itself is in my garage, so i can try take it in and use a direct TP cable from my PC to the linkstation.

Honestly don't think theres anything wrong with the network. Since the Linkstation works just fine if i reboot it, but after some mins, it shuts me out again.

Anyway, i will try do what you say and get back to you :)

Awesome with some official support also. Thumbs up for that.