Author Topic: What does the "I17:ARRAY1 Resynching" message mean on TeraStation?  (Read 22265 times)

JoshC

• Big Bull
Re: What does the "I17:ARRAY1 Resynching" message mean on TeraStation?
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2010, 06:20:33 am »

Pull each HD out one by one and boot the unit up and see if you get the clicking sound.  Try this:

http://forums.buffalotech.com/t5/Storage/FAQ-2-of-3-Force-Firmware-update-procedure-please-read-this/td-p/11011

powerturn

• Calf
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2010, 09:38:15 am »

Status update:

1) First I tried to shut down the unit by pressing and holding the power button on the front.  It momentarily flashed shutting down, then immediately resumed the resyncing.  However the clicking sound stopped.  I let it run for several hours to see if there was any progress.  None.  

2) Next,  I pressed the power button again and held it 1 or 2 seconds longer.  This time it did a complete reboot!  Yes!  As it was coming up, I quickly brought up my browser, entered the IP address, and after the second reload, the GUI came up!  At the same time, the unit's alarm sounded, the error light lit up red as did the Disk 2 light.  The screen and GUI both reported that drive #2 has an error.

Happily, I have file access back, so I'm copying to other drives all the data I need to save .  I have a replacement drive on order.  One thing isn't clear from the TS documentation nor from other forum posts: do I have to format as NTFS the replacement drive BEFORE I install it in the TS or just put the brand new drive into

the unit and the TS will take over from there?    (Side note: the firmware version is 2.14 which appears to be the latest on the support web page for my unit model.)

Thanks again for all your help.

JoshC

• Big Bull
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2010, 08:57:53 pm »

You just have to put the new HD in and then log into the GUI and go to disk management>RAID Setup> click on the little hammer and screw driver and it will bring you to the disk structure.  You should see disk 2 unchecked.  Check it and resync the RAID.