Author Topic: Ministation Problem can't access after 10-15 mins of use.  (Read 1597 times)

wbrowser04

• Calf
Ministation Problem can't access after 10-15 mins of use.
« on: July 09, 2011, 10:54:49 AM »

I am having this problem on my ministation pxt500u2. I can transfer files from my old hard disk to my ministation for only 10 mins then it will hangs and most of the time displays an error message about write error, I can only transfer files maximum of 15 mins then the ministation won't be accessible anymore. I am using windows xp sp2 and I also tried transferring files from another pc with windows 7 32 bit installed and the same problem occurs everytime. What could be the possible reason for this issue?

The ministation is about 2 weeks old and I am not having this kind of problem from the 1st week of using the HD. I really need your help guys...:womansad:

wbrowser04

• Calf
Re: Ministation Problem can't access after 10-15 mins of use.
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 11:41:46 AM »

i think i need to bump this thread... i really need help on this problem. If there is any other informations needed regarding my previous posts, please ask and I'll provide it as soon as possible or if you have any suggestions of what tools or software should I use to help me diagnose my ministation more please reply.. Thanks in advance...

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 11:14:59 AM »

Have you tried formatting the drive or using another USB cable?

wbrowser04

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2011, 03:48:03 AM »

yes i have tried formatting using the windows format utility, quick formatting works but not the normal format which always stops at 99% then the blue light turns off from the ministation. l also tried formating the drive using third party softwares and it was successfully completed without errors, but when I tried to copy files after the format some files will be copied successfully then again after 10-15 mins the external HDD ministations won't be accessible again with read/write error or delay write failed then blue light off.

Also tried using another cable and same error results

There are also times that the ministation will suddenly hangs(blue light on but won't blink) after 10 mins and same HDD error will display.