Author Topic: "Restrictions" for shared folder don't inherit down to existing subfolders?  (Read 2135 times)

EmKay

• Calf

UPDATE:  I just "reset" my LinkStation, as I had recently updated the firmware, but adding a share for an existing folder that has existing subfolders still does not allow me to see those subfolders, either via webaccess or just by browsing the folders.  All I see is a single ".webaxs?" folder.

PLEASE advise!

I have a folder on my LinkStation Live (LS-CH2.0-TL-V2):  \\shared\music. 

It has many genre-related subfolders.

If I SHARE music as a share unto itself, and set up READ ONLY access (whether I set up access restrictions or not), and I browse to it using NasNavigator2 -- I don't see the subfolders.

I will want to share this via WebAccess for purposes of accessing it with the iPod app, but I think I need to resolve this lack of security inheritance, first ?

Thanks for any tips!

EmKay

• Calf

bump!

Jotin

• Big Bull

First, you cannot access the music from the Ipod app using web access. That would be AWESOME... but not possible. The webaccess app has a built in player.

Second, have you tried just using the unc path through the run command (or connect to server for a mac)? You should have no issue seeing share folders. What firmware are you running on?

EmKay

• Calf

Yes, actually, I can play music through the iPod app -- I'm not "streaming" it, or playing it through itunes, but I can browse to my mp3 files and they play.

My firmware was just updated to 1.43.

I think the problem may be that you cannot share an EXISTING folder ?  I have my \\drivename\share and, under that, I created Music.  I want to share that music folder (which already has subfolders, and files) so that it's accessed directly -- via \\drivename\music -- but that's when I see the folder but nothing under it.

Can I not "point" a LinkStation share to an existing folder?