Author Topic: Clock problems on Linkstation Quad 4TB - can't set right time...maybe  (Read 1833 times)

szimbler

• Calf

I have a 4TB Quad that has run smoothly recently. This morning i noticed it had locked and I had to pull the plug to reboot. It restarted with no problem except that I can't set the clock to the correct time (the clock is running approx 1.10 hours slow). I don't know if this is a problem that was therew before this morning's crash...but I hadn't noticed it.

If i clck the "use local time" button it sets the correct time. Press apply and the time goes back to the incorrect time, approx 1.10 hours late, every time.

OK...just found this thread: http://forums.buffalotech.com/t5/Storage/Linkstation-Quad-4TB-NTP-SERVER-CONNECTION-problem/m-p/7946/highlight/true#M6728?

Reset my timezone to the correct figure of GMT+2 (I thought we were in GMT +1) and clock now does get and keep the correct time from the "use local time" button.

BUT...does this mean that I have to remember to manually change my time zone setting twice a year? You have GOT to be kidding me?! My crappy old Nokia phone from the days before toasters and sliced read managed to adjust itself for summer time...please don't tell me this flashy box can't?

Buffali Quad, 4TB, firmware 1.11, Europe (Quad originally bought in Germany).

szimbler

• Calf

anyone with any bright ideas, however brief?

ESCHER

• El Toro

Make sure your LInkstation able to connect to internet.

Try different NTP servers, for example time.windows.com or pool.ntp.org instead of the default.