Author Topic: Linkstation Pro w/XP intermittent connection  (Read 1332 times)

acdeslx

• Calf
Linkstation Pro w/XP intermittent connection
« on: July 08, 2011, 06:52:54 AM »

Hello.

I just had to reinstall Windows XP (Pro, SP3) on one of my machines and my LS-XH1.0TL is now not working properly with it. My other machine (Windows 7) has no issues at all.

First, I upgraded to firmware v1.43.

Updated NIC drivers

The drive is set to a static IP and is pingable. It can be seen via NASNavigator and is pingable with no problems.

I can also map network drives with no issues.

However, when I attempt to copy files (either way), one of these two messages appear:

"Y:/xxxx" is not accessible. The specific network name is no longer available"

This happens regardless of whether I use the mapped location or go direct via Network Places.

It seems to me like there is a point where the connection is dropping and then coming back but I can't figure out how or why.

The drive is hardwired to this XP machine via two switches -- I've also wired it direct with the same issues.

Drive IP is 192.168.0.3, XP PC is 192.168.0.11 -- subnet is 255.255.255.0

Ideas?

Jotin

• Big Bull
Re: Linkstation Pro w/XP intermittent connection
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 08:32:55 AM »

It sounds like a software issue on the machine. Have you tried adding any kind of exceptions for the units IP address in any firewalls you might be running? One way to test to see if this is a software problem is to boot your Pc into safemode with networking. If you can access and copy files over to the linkstation with no problem then the issue is confirmed and it would be a software issue.