Author Topic: LS-CHL 2.0TB Orange light  (Read 3966 times)

Bullitt659

• Calf
LS-CHL 2.0TB Orange light
« on: July 06, 2011, 12:54:27 PM »

Hi

After the firmware 1.41 upgrade debacle I got issued with a new unit. Ever since I got it the fan has made a ticking noise, I called the UK customer services to be fobbed off & told it was a firmware problem & I should upgrade to 1.42. I am quite handy & thought this was a hardware not firmware issue. Rather tentatively I applied the new firmware & although it did quieted down it still made a ticking noise & as I don't use it as much as the first one I had due to trust issues over my former experience I left it alone as it was switched off most of the time.

I finally got round to transferring data on to it & left it overnight, when I looked at it the next day the LED was a solid orange.

I now have 2 reported issues in the Linkstation software maintenance section.

1. It is reporting a fan failure

2. It is reporting that a Firmware update to 1.43  is available.

I have checked the UK website & they are still on 1.42 & I am wary of dowloading it from the US website due to regional issues.

I called the UK customer support to get advice on the fan issue only to be cut off rather rudely & told the number has changed & given an international number to call, I duly called this but I have yet to get an answer.

Can anyone give me some advice on what my next step should be?

Thanks in advance

mgillbee

• Calf
Re: LS-CHL 2.0TB Orange light
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2011, 01:20:35 PM »

I have the same problem on my LS-CHL 1.0TB on firmware 1.42.  Orange light is on and message states that new firmware version is available, but I can't find anything higher than 1.42.  Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

ESCHER

• El Toro
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2011, 03:03:40 PM »

Firmware version 1.43 is available from the USA site.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2011, 03:07:11 PM »

If the fan is ticking the call 08453511005 and get the fan replaced.

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

Mit1mit2

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2011, 03:17:03 PM »

Orange light means you have an outdated frimware, log in into your LS-CHL and in the left side menu you'll find a link to the update page.

mgillbee

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2011, 03:51:07 PM »

There is no link on the left hand side menu when logged in to the web setting.  I'm in the UK, so updating to the US firmware will void the warranty.  Are there any plans to release a new firmware version for Europe?

Mit1mit2

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2011, 03:55:30 PM »

I am in europe.

But then go to: System>maintenance>firmware instalation>Check for updates>install update

Bullitt659

• Calf
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2011, 04:50:41 AM »

Hi I went to the maintenance section on the NAS navigator software & updated it from there & as a UK user I an vouch that it works.

I have tried the number listed here & they were the ones that gave me the international number but I will try it again.

mgillbee

• Calf
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2011, 01:18:11 PM »

Hmmmm... I go to System -> Maintenance, but there's no link to update firmware anywhere.  My NAS Navigator is version 2.22 if that's relevant.

Shonk

• Buffalo
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2011, 02:29:22 PM »

EU/US/JP firmwares are identical on all ls_series firmware

and have been since they where merged

They all run the same JP codebase

Buffalo USA have just been quicker to download it from buffalo.jp

and mirror it than the uk site is all

mgillbee

• Calf
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2011, 06:01:57 AM »

I spoke to Tech Supprt.  They didn't suggest downloading the US or JP firmware.  He just said to hang on until next week when the UK servers will be updated with the latest firmware.  He couldn't say why the update link isn't showing under System -> Maintenance, but said to just update the firmware manually when it is released on the UK website.  Problem solved - hopefully.