Author Topic: TS-XE8.0TL/R5 Active Directory Wont pull users or groups.  (Read 1450 times)

shockme

• Calf
TS-XE8.0TL/R5 Active Directory Wont pull users or groups.
« on: July 07, 2011, 08:26:45 AM »

I have two TS-XE8.0/R5.  One pulls down the ative directory but the other wont no matter what I do.   I have reset the nas to default, updated the firmware but it wont pull active directory down.

If you have any ideas please let me know. 

Thanks,
Rob

Jotin

• Big Bull
Re: TS-XE8.0TL/R5 Active Directory Wont pull users or groups.
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 03:03:27 PM »

What firmware are they both running on? Have you tried to reset the one through the system/restore tab?

shockme

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2011, 11:21:03 AM »

The ones thats working is 1.50 and the other that is not working is 1.52 .    I have tried restoring to defaults and re adding it to the active directory. 

The most I can get it to pull down is administrators group under domain groups.  No other domain groups or users will show up when im trying to add them to a share.

I have also checked the system log and it the nas joins active directory with no errors.

Nexlux

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2011, 12:10:04 PM »

Sounds to me more like a user/group issue in your AD if its only pulling up certain groups/users. That would mean it's communicating properly.... just not fully.

Why not update the firmware on both of them to be the same? That makes the most sense to me.

I currently have the same set-up, but I'm at 1.52 for both. At your own descretion I would look into updating your firmware.

Cheers,

Jake

shockme

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2011, 06:41:00 AM »

The unit running 1.50 is pulling down all of AD just fine so I dont think its an issue there. ? The other does not work at all that is why I upgraded it to 1.52.