Author Topic: Link Station Duo - Remote Access  (Read 1928 times)

AdrianBartlam

• Calf
Link Station Duo - Remote Access
« on: June 27, 2011, 12:37:30 PM »
Hi I'm new to this forum but hopefully someone can help me! I purchased the Link Station Duo a couple of weeks ago, works fine on our local network and very pleased. What's causing me a great deal of frustration is my inability to get the remote access side working. I consider myself to be an advanced user and I've set up lots of hardware and software for other remote items but this is baffling me! I have managed to get so far with the set up but cannot get access to the NAS remotely. I have set up the LS with a fixed local ip address 192.168.1.140 On our Netgear router I have forwarded the port 6795 (I'll explain why I changed it from 9000) to this IP address on both the incoming and outgoing side. The reason for changing the port was that I used http://canyouseeme.org/ to check if the prots were forwarding ok, I checked another service I use (splashtop for IPad remote access) and that was found ok, I tried 9000 and it stated connection refused. I tried the Splashtop on 6795 and got it to work ok (knowing it wasn't being blocked by my ISP, so I removed splashtop, changed the LS web access to this known working port and still get the message "Error: I could not see your service on 81.XXX.XXX.XXX on port (6795) Reason: Connection refused" All other settings are as per the instructions etc. but the LS seems to not be responding on any forwarded port? Cn anyone shed any light on this please?

NinjaNAS

• Tatanka
Re: Link Station Duo - Remote Access
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 03:48:49 PM »

Are you able to get to the web access sevice locally? What product do you have and what firmware version is it running on?

AdrianBartlam

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2011, 03:55:19 PM »
Hi, thanks for coming back to me.

I can get to the menus locally using the 192.168.1.140 ip. I also discovered earlier that I can get to the menu remotely using my external ip address when I don't use the :port number on the end?

It seems that the Link Station Duo is rejecting the connection to the port specified?

I'm not in the office currently but the LS is fully up to date firmware wise as I tried to update it earlier and got that message?

NinjaNAS

• Tatanka
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 03:56:53 PM »

Try going into the web interface, going to extensions and clicking on the open webaccess link. That should open webaccess locally. If you can get to that interface and see your files then it is just a port forwarding issue.

AdrianBartlam

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2011, 04:16:59 PM »
Hi

No, can't access that (it diverts me to my IP:6795) what I don't understand is that I've proved the port can be forwarded and is open using other software but it isn't working with the LS?

NinjaNAS

• Tatanka
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2011, 08:33:57 AM »

If it will not let you access it locally either then It has to be a problem with the firmware. You will need to reinstall the firmware using FAQ 2 of 5. This will reflash the firmware and should give you access back to the webaccess GUI.