Author Topic: Autopower with media player?  (Read 1435 times)

kapiteinrob

• Calf
Autopower with media player?
« on: June 23, 2011, 03:57:26 AM »

Hi all,

I recently bought the Link Station Duo (LS - WX4.0TL/R1 -EU) to use in my network for backup and a convenient way to play multimedia files without needing to turn on my computer. I am running Nas Navigator 2.24 on my PC and the LS has the latest firmware (1.42).

I want to use the LS in Auto Power mode in order to save power. However my Zyxel DMA-2500 media player cannot seem to wake the LS up and I have to turn on the LS manually (takes 5 minutes) to connect to it.

• Am I doing something wrong or can the LS not be woken up by a media player?
  • Should it take 5 minutes before the LS can be seen on the network after booting up?

Best regards, Rob

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: Autopower with media player?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2011, 06:21:28 AM »

kapiteinrob wrote:

Hi all,

I recently bought the Link Station Duo (LS - WX4.0TL/R1 -EU) to use in my network for backup and a convenient way to play multimedia files without needing to turn on my computer. I am running Nas Navigator 2.24 on my PC and the LS has the latest firmware (1.42).

I want to use the LS in Auto Power mode in order to save power. However my Zyxel DMA-2500 media player cannot seem to wake the LS up and I have to turn on the LS manually (takes 5 minutes) to connect to it.

• Am I doing something wrong or can the LS not be woken up by a media player?
  • Should it take 5 minutes before the LS can be seen on the network after booting up?

Best regards, Rob

The auto feature will only work with devices that have or can have the nas navigator software installed. Your media player cannot accomodate this software so it will not work in conjunction with the auto feature.

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

kapiteinrob

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2011, 06:28:46 AM »

Well that is a bit of a disappointment, so I guess that means I have to wait the 5 minutes when I want to connect?

Is it common to leave the LS in the on position permanently? What is the power consumption in case the disks are not being used? Edit: I see that it is 12W.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2011, 06:50:04 AM »

I leave mine on 24/7 and have done so for 2 years, to be honest, it's really upto yourself.

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2011, 10:46:57 AM »

I leave mine on all the time as well. I have had 0 issues.

kapiteinrob

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2011, 02:37:50 AM »

Thanks both of you for your answers, I think I just might do the same.