Author Topic: Trying to map my Buffalo HS-DH320GL but get error.  (Read 1760 times)

Solvalou

• Calf
Trying to map my Buffalo HS-DH320GL but get error.
« on: June 20, 2011, 01:39:40 PM »

Hi all,

Well I have looked on the forums and I can't get much info. Basically I got this Buffalo drive on its own and got it all working to a degree. I can access it on my network and pretty much everything is OK but I cannot get to map it to a drive letter. I have managed it breifly before but for some reason it wont anymore. The error I get is "Failed mapping. Remote default share is missing."

There have been a few threads about it before I see but that was often down to IP and username / password issues however all that is working ok for me. Sorry to be posting for support as my first post but it's something that's been a problem for me for a while now and I am having to resort for some help and on here.

Any advice?

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: Trying to map my Buffalo HS-DH320GL but get error.
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2011, 01:41:03 PM »

If you try mapping it manually using \\IPOfNas what do you get?

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

Solvalou

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2011, 07:43:37 PM »

Forgive my ignorance but what exactly does "\\IPOfNas?" mean? I've tried Googling it but can't find a thing. I'm really new to all this and havn't got any paperwork to fall back on. :(

drmemory

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2011, 05:20:03 PM »

if you know the IP of your HS-DH320GL then type \\ (IP address)

Also, find the manual Download Here

Solvalou

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2011, 11:56:56 AM »
Thanks drmemory, I can access it via IP with the GUI menu options on the left hand side. Where do I go from there? I had a look at the manual and all I can see for mapping options is for shared folders. I would just like to map the whole drive as if it was a USB external drive if thats possible? That way I can access all the folders as 1 drive letter.

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2011, 11:00:13 AM »

If you got access to the gui you did it wrong, you used forward slashes. Use the slash is that is above the enter key. here is an example...

\\192.1568.11.150

You press the windows key and R at the same time and then type that in to the run command.

Once you see the folder you would like to map you right click on it and select "map network drive".

Follow the wizard that pops up and the drive should appear in my computer after that as a mapped network drive.

Solvalou

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2011, 09:34:14 AM »

Thanks Jotin, I cant seem to map the whole drive but only seperate folders but it will do. Thanks again.