Author Topic: Problems with Buffalo LS-CH500L-EU  (Read 6833 times)

phyramide

• Calf
Problems with Buffalo LS-CH500L-EU
« on: June 21, 2011, 02:17:55 AM »

Hello,

Could You please help me! I got a new work place this week, hear I found a  Buffalo LS-CH500L-EU? device which supposed to make backups, but it didn't. I started to investigate what happend: 1) The was a electrisity stop... So devive stoped and the led was blinking 7 times. In addition the HDD was making some weared squuze sounds, so I desided tha it is the HDD.  I've bought a new HDD and installed it (the device has no guaranty and it hard to find a support some where near where I live). Now as I booted the device the Led blinks 6 times red and nothing happens. I can not see it NasNavigator2. I've watched the forum and found this: FAQ (3 of 5): TFTP boot procedure. But I got confused on choosing the right firmware.

To conclude my speeach: 1) Could You please give an advice how to find the right firmware for me

2) Give me an advice how to get this Buffalo device working, ?I've seen it in working condition so It's a bit hard for me.

Thank You in advance!

Jotin

• Big Bull
Re: Problems with Buffalo LS-CH500L-EU
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2011, 09:33:18 AM »

Here is a link to the firmware and you are right on track, FAQ 3 of 5 is what you need to do to get the new disk working in the LS.

http://buffalotech.com/support/getfile/lscl-107.zip

phyramide

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 03:10:41 AM »

Thank You! I'll try this and write what happend.

phyramide

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 02:00:58 AM »

Hello! Need some help again. I'm in EM mode, managed to get throught FAQ3of5 (got the Blocks Served) ... But when I open Buffallo

LS-CLUPDATER it can not find the device. (I've edited the ini fail LSUpdater.ini) I can see it in Nas manager as a device in EM mode... but not in the updater! Any ideas?

phyramide

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2011, 05:34:52 AM »

I've tried some more times but no luck so far. The update button is gray, and can not be pressed.

Ps. I've tryid to download Firmare 1.42 version. No luck

Pss. Does this make difference, I bougt 2Tb hard drive instead of 500 GB?

phyramide

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2011, 07:47:33 AM »

Any help, please. I'm a bit despirate already. =(

ESCHER

• El Toro
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2011, 05:53:09 PM »

Exactly which model is your LS?

There is a LS-CHL, old model  which runs OK on FW 1.07.

There is a LS-CHL V2, the current model which runs FW 1.42.

If you have the wrong firmware updater it will not recognize the unit.

phyramide

• Calf
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2011, 05:58:18 PM »

I've tried both. None of them finds the unit.

How Can I controll is a new one or an old one?

ESCHER

• El Toro
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2011, 03:20:10 PM »

Which was the color of your web iterface?  If red, then it is a LS-CHLV2.

Were you able to TFTP Boot?  If yes, have you used the debug mode in the updater?

phyramide

• Calf
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2011, 12:20:15 AM »

The problem that  I do not know what color was the interface, because I got this thing already broken, and I haven't seen it in working mode.

Yes, the TFTP boot went throught. And yes, I've edited the *.ini fail and used the debug mode. After I enter the debug mode, check all the points that are needed, press ok, The update button stays grey and nothing happens if I try to press it.

Is possible to get the exat type/model by the serial numbers or codes?

ESCHER

• El Toro
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2011, 09:14:55 AM »

After TFTP Boot:

Can you see the LS with the NAS navigator in the folder of the TFTPBoot?

Have you changed the IP address from 192.168.11.1 to an IP address in the range of your Linkstation IP address?

Can you see the LS with the Updater?  ?

Maybe something is wrong with your network.

Are you using connecting you LS directly to your computer? No crossover cable is needed.

At home I don't need to connect the unit to my computer, but at my office I need to connect with a cable directly.

I have a dead LS-CHLV2 board I will compare it with pictures already posted in Internet an give you some hints.

phyramide

• Calf
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2011, 01:59:01 PM »

After TFTP Boot:

Can you see the LS with the NAS navigator in the folder of the TFTPBoot?

Yes, I can see LS in the NAS navigator.

Have you changed the IP address from 192.168.11.1 to an IP address in the range of your Linkstation IP address?

Maybe not. Can You please write more presisly at this point

Can you see the LS with the Updater?  ?

No that i the problem. I can not see in the updater

Maybe something is wrong with your network.

Do I need to connect LS after I made the TFTPboot to the network, and not to directly to the PC? 

Are you using connecting you LS directly to your computer? No crossover cable is needed.

Yes, directly to teh computer. And with an ordinary cable.

Thank You for Your help!

ESCHER

• El Toro
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2011, 04:12:59 PM »

Maybe not. Can You please write more precisely at this point

This is really important.  If you use a direct cable connection, the linkstation will pick a random IP address.  Lets say 169.254.1.150 .  You have to set the PC IP address to an IP address which match the first 3 numbers and the 4th must be different.  Lets say 169.254.1.100.

This is the only way you can update.  The update will take maybe 5 minutes or so.

Leave the TFTP server running, the linkstation will boot one more time with 6 red lights flashing (its OK), so you have to change the IP of the computer one more time to 192.168.11.1. and press function.  Hopefully the update will continue (I25), and the next should be a normal reboot, with default configuration.

In order to identify your model, check this:

http://www.yamasita.jp/linkstation/2009/09/090912__main_board_4.html

The left one is LS-CHLV2.  Look for MVLSXL-BA? in your board.

?

phyramide

• Calf
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2011, 01:21:18 AM »

Hello, 

Still no luck. 

1) After the TFTP boot adress of the Buffalo apears in the NasNavi as 192.168.11.150... so I have used 192.168.11.1 on my PC... and then chanded it to 192.168.11.100. But no luck seeing the device in the updater. When I switch the Updater should I see there my device, or it will only appear after I go to the dubug mode and then press ok?

2) These are pictures of my mother board. I look some how in a different way. Any idea what model it is?

http://pixs.ru/showimage/IMG0242JPG_1935445_2463704.jpg?

http://pixs.ru/showimage/IMG0243JPG_9590423_2463709.jpg?

ESCHER

• El Toro
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2011, 09:40:14 AM »

Your LS in not LS-CHLV2.  Most likely it is an older one, if so the correct firmware is then version 1.12

http://www.buffalotech.com/support/getfile/lschl-112.zip

If you model is not a V2, then you will not see it in the updater, because the firmware is not for this unit.