Author Topic: Buffalo HD-PCTU2/PCU2 Ministation and windows 7 problem  (Read 5333 times)

kristar

• Calf
Buffalo HD-PCTU2/PCU2 Ministation and windows 7 problem
« on: June 17, 2011, 01:31:41 PM »

At the beggining i pluged-in the external HD, i got the sound and the notification "Your Device is Ready to Use". I went to "My computer" and i saw "Removable Disc :(G)" in "Devices With Removable Storage" section and not in "Hard Disc Drives" section. I double click the (G) and i got the Error  "Insert a disc in your removable disc (G)". At the properties of (G) i could see File System:Unknown |Size :0 bytes. In Disc Management i could see "Disc1 Removable (G) No Media" so the only option i had was to change Drive letter. And i did change severeal letters just in case but nothing happend.

Notice 1:At device manager i could see at "Disc Drives" the "Buffalo HD-PCU2 USB Device" and in properties "This device is working properly"

Notice 2:I tested the hd in two different pc's. One with xp OS and one with windows 7 64bit. The device was working without any problems at both of them.

After 9 hours of searching at the net how could i fix it and make my hd to work i decided to do a format..and try again.. 

I'm here now with a brandnew OS windows 7 Proffesional x64bit. I plug-in the device and windows automatically install usb drivers. In a while i get the notification "USB Storage-Ready For Use" "Buffalo HD-PCU2-Ready For Use". So i go again to "My Computer" but this time was nothing there (only my HDD and the particions). In Disc Management i get exactly the same i was getting before the Format ["Disc1 Removable (G) No Media"?]

I'm Running:

MOBO: ASSUS M3N78-VM

RAM:4GB DDR2

Graphics:Nvidia 9800GT

Buffalo S/N : 7559661651xxx0

Plz Help?

Sorry for my english.

Jotin

• Big Bull
Re: Buffalo HD-PCTU2/PCU2 Ministation and windows 7 problem
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2011, 11:02:44 AM »

So this device works just fine on Another win7 machine and another XP machine?

reevesyzapha

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 06:17:28 AM »

I have this exact same problem.  Any help that you can offer would be very much appreciated?

teetoot

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2011, 08:04:34 PM »

the problem cause because you're using hdd format fat64 not using fat32 for win7 there would be any problem but if you use windows xp instead, you could use microsoft hotfix kb955704 that should do the trick.. good luck :robotvery-happy: