Author Topic: Cause and fix for E14  (Read 1845 times)

wucynthia

• Calf
Cause and fix for E14
« on: June 06, 2011, 09:02:53 AM »

I just got my Terastation about 1.5 months ago.  It's been working fine until yesterday.  All of the sudden, I got E23 and E14 error messages.  After rebuilding RAID arrays, E23 was fixed.  However, I still see E14 after updating firmware (to 1.52) and physically remounting disks.  What should I do to fix the error?  What are the possible causes for this error?

Here is information for my Terastation and PC:

- Terastation TS-XE8.0TL/R5

- Windows XP

- I am using a laptop; not on a shared network

(Even though the firmware is updated, it says "TeraStation that needs updating wasn't found" at the end of the update.  Is it normal?)

Thank you in advance for your help!

Jotin

• Big Bull
Re: Cause and fix for E14
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 10:18:18 AM »

Yes it is normal for the updator to not find the unit after updating because the unit no longer needs to be updated. Are you still able to access the interface of your unit and your data?

wucynthia

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 07:54:06 AM »

Thank you for your reply regarding the firmware update!

I can access the interface of my unit.  However, I can not access any of my data due to E14 error.  The array can not be mounted.  Is the array corrupted and needs to be rebuilt in order to fix the problem?  What are some possible causes of the E14 error?

Thanks!

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2011, 09:47:34 AM »

It sounds like it could be a RAID problem. What you could try doing is removing one drive at a time until it lets you access the data. So remove drive1 and then boot it up. If you cannot access you data then put drive 1 back in and take out drive 2 and so forth.