Author Topic: web access Upnp problem  (Read 2889 times)

stew-b

• Calf
web access Upnp problem
« on: June 05, 2011, 03:07:49 PM »

hi folks,i'm trying to get web access to my linkstation working with no joy and i think its a upnp issue?

i have tried this a few times over the last 3 years and never succeded and end up giving up but this time i'm determined to get it working with your help :smileyhappy:

i'm using a billion 7800n router but have used a belkin previously,on 3 pc's,vista ubuntu and xp,no joy at all,just get socket disconected error...

i looked on the router and found the upnp port map page,this is blank,linkstation shows up on dchp,linkstation works fine over my home network and always has but i have NEVER got web access to work..

i have just spent a couple of hours setting up port mapping on the billion,tried FTP,HTTP,UCP.TCP,ports 21,23,443,9000,rebooting etc etc and on the buffalo i have tried auto and manual setup with these port numbers,auto comes up with error saying upnp not setup or supported(cant remember exactly what it said) but basically no joy.

have also tried 3 different browsers,IE,firefox and chrome.

i know its so close to being working but im none to clever at this kind of stuff :(

any pointers please?

thanks

Jotin

• Big Bull
Re: web access Upnp problem
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 09:58:14 AM »

What firmware version are you running and which linkstation do you have? After saving the settings does the linkstation throw an error or does it say settings saved?

stew-b

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 07:02:28 AM »

hi,its a LS CHL72E 1TB on 1.12 firmware,if i try auto configure firewall it says 'UPnP Gateway not found and/or doesn't support port forwarding, use manual setup.' on manual with port set at 9000 it says settings saved.

on the router it says upnp port is 2800,i tried this and it still doesnt work. 

i have spent several hours on this,factory resets on router and linkstation and all to no avail :( its getting rather frustrating now,i am not the most competant person when it comes to network protocaols etc and just wish these things were made with an easier UI.

also now i have been playing around with them so much both my PS3's and xbox now only show folders 'all' and trash box' ,all contains about 20 files not 500gb and there is no such folder on the buffalo..no matter how many times i refresh the buffalo database.all these devices sre wired,i can access all my shares via a wired pc though.

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2011, 09:50:57 AM »

If you try and access webaccess locally are you able to get to it? If you can then its a router issue. The ports have to be manually forward in  your router. Forward port 9000 to the IP of your linkstation. You can access webaccess remotely by going to the IP address:9000/gui .

stew-b

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2011, 10:08:02 AM »

if i try to log onto buffalonas.com on the pc that is wired to the same router as the buffalo then no,it wont allow access. on firefox and IE it acts as if password is incorrect and on chome it says- Error 15 (net::ERR_SOCKET_NOT_CONNECTED): Unknown error.

stew-b

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2011, 10:54:09 AM »

if i manually port forward it it asks me what service? ftp.http etc and protocol? which should i select? 

also,do i put port 9000 in both internal and external?

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c202/gt4mainman/Screenshot.png

stew-b

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2011, 10:14:52 PM »
can anyone tell me which service to select??

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2011, 08:59:41 AM »

You have to use http. But it sounds like its a firmware problem if you cannot access it locally. You need to update the firmware and most likely restore the unit using the restore tab in the interface.