Author Topic: URGENT - Replacing with bigger drives, and need to order today!  (Read 2497 times)

szimbler

• Calf

I have a 4 TB Quad and am currently rebuilding my Raid5 after a RAID scan failure. There's a chance I'll need to replace one of the drives...I think? (actually, how do I know if I need to replace a drive?)

Anyway, I plan to order a drive today. Can I buy a bigger drive to replace the old one, i.e. a 2TB drive to replace a 1TB drive, so that as I replace them, I slowly increase the size of my RAID? IS there a list of suiable drives anywhere on this forum?

Many thanks in advance.

Simon

PS I have a LS-Q4.0TL/RS   4TB F/W 1.11

Jotin

• Big Bull
Re: URGENT - Replacing with bigger drives, and need to order today!
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011, 10:26:18 AM »

We do not support upgrading the HDD's in the unit.

cossack1977

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2011, 09:05:06 PM »

Why do you not support HDD upgrading?

so if you say are running in raid5, 1 drive dies your only choice is to replace it with a larger drive buffalo are telling customers not to? that doesnt make a very good nas now does it?

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2011, 11:31:53 AM »

cossack1977 wrote:

Why do you not support HDD upgrading?

so if you say are running in raid5, 1 drive dies your only choice is to replace it with a larger drive buffalo are telling customers not to? that doesnt make a very good nas now does it?

he said "HDD's" not HDD! Changing of a single HDD is of course supported just not changing all of them with the goal of upgrading the capacity.

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!