Author Topic: How to move files between folders on LinkStation Live  (Read 17086 times)

Bouchehog

• Calf
Re: How to move files between folders on LinkStation Live
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2011, 06:35:58 PM »

Forgive my resurrecting this old thread but I can't seem to get this to work and I want to reorganize my folders without having to wait an eternity...

I opened two explorer windows (which happened to be my music and my documents). In each I opened the address bar and typed "\\Linkstation\Media\" into one window and "\\Linkstation\Photos\" into the other window. The windows went to their respective folders. I then tried to copy one folder from Photos to Media by copying and pasting. It worked but it took every bit as long as usual - about 12s for every 10mb. Am I just being a moron or is there no way to get this to work?

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2011, 11:33:48 AM »

What model and firmware are you using? And are you running gigabit on your network or 100/10? 

KeniP

• Calf
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2011, 06:25:53 PM »

I have the same problem, due to the torrent downloader going to a certain directory, and the media server working off of another. Is there any way to set them to use the same folder?

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2011, 09:42:04 AM »

Yes, when settings up the media server and bittorrent, just choose the same folder. 

KeniP

• Calf
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2011, 05:47:06 PM »
I can set it to the same folder, but when I try to add a torrent through the utorrent interface the window simply closes and there is no change to the torrent list. It acts as though I pressed cancel on the torrent submission window. Are other people able to set the media server folder to be the same as the torrent output folder on the LS-CHL??

lucky

• Calf
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2011, 12:36:19 PM »

Thanks a lot, for me is working...

I have 1 TB Linkstation, firmware 1.37

gurumutant

• Calf
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2011, 02:43:18 AM »
I think I've found an answer to this. I just login to the LinkStation (mine is an LS-CHL 1.5TB), through FTP by using FileZilla FTP Client ( http://filezilla-project.org/download.php ). Using an admin account is preferred, to ensure that you have all read and write access to every shares. Once the directory structure is shown, expand the corresponding directory you want to move/copy the file/folder into. Then just drag the file/folder you want to the desired folder. Voila ! The huge files/folders is now copied within a blink of an eye. You can do some experiments to get more understanding of how FileZilla treated the drag-and-drop action. Sometimes it assume the action as copying, sometimes as moving. I know the difference between the two kinds action that's treated as move or copy, but It's qute hard for me to explain in this post. Greetings from Indonesia :)