Author Topic: Restore files on a TeraStation  (Read 2292 times)

hotblazer

• Calf
Restore files on a TeraStation
« on: May 17, 2011, 04:09:21 AM »
I have been using a TeraStation for four years and have set it up to backup to an attached USB device. In all the years I have been using it I have never had to restore any of the backed-up files.....untill today. How do I restore files that are backed up? There does not seem to be any mention of restoring in the manual.

Jotin

• Big Bull
Re: Restore files on a TeraStation
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 09:16:00 AM »

Are you still able to access the Terastation? You should be able to copy from the USB drive through the Terastation and the network. If you do not have access to the Terastation then you can try using either linux or UFS explorer through Windows to access the data on the USB drive.

hotblazer

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 10:19:14 AM »

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2011, 10:34:46 AM »

Could you try reposting that with another browser or turning on IE9's compatibility view?

hotblazer

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2011, 12:40:14 PM »

I'll try this in compatibility mode. I was able to go to an earlier post and get the information on how to access my backup files on my USB drive only to find out that even though my TeraStation is set up to do an incremental back-up "every day" at 2:00am for some unknown reason the last backup was actually on October 12, 2010.

I have a daily backup log for every day since putting the TeraStation on-line in 06 but those stopped 10/12/10 also. Any Ideas why the back-ups would just stop? I have only used 8% of my USB drive so it's not full, and I have never received an error message from the TeraStation. I am going to reset my back-up today for a different time tonight and check tomorrow to see if I get a new back-up. I use the TeraStation for our business data storage and have changes to hundreds of files every day so it can't be that there was nothing to back-up. Any help or information as to what may be going on would be appreciated. 

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2011, 12:48:52 PM »

The time on the unit may have changed. That might cause the issue. Or an issue witht he firmware developed and you might need to update/reflash the firmware.  What is the model number and firmware version of your unit?

hotblazer

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2011, 12:54:58 PM »

HD-HTGL/R5 running firmware ver 1.12. Date, time, and timezone are all correct.

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2011, 12:56:17 PM »

The latest firmware is 2.14. I honestly cannot say why the unit stopped backing up. Have you tried setting up another back up and seeing if it actually backed up the data?

hotblazer

• Calf
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2011, 01:29:42 PM »

I will do that tonight and if that doesn't work I will update the firmware and try again. I will update the firmware at any rate but I just want to see if changing the back-up will work first, I'd really like to have it all working again before I update but we'll see what happens. do know if the updated firmware will make access from a VPN easier? I can get through my router but can't seem to find a way to log onto the TeraStation, would like to be able to work from home occasionally.