Author Topic: HELP! HELP! HELP! Password problem.  (Read 2585 times)

Bullitt659

• Calf
HELP! HELP! HELP! Password problem.
« on: May 13, 2011, 02:37:02 PM »

My LS-CH2 problem

After my unit went in to EM mode I followed the link & updated the firmware to 1.41. After successfully performing a the update the updater asked for a Password. I first tried my Password which I know to be correct but it did not work! I then re-read the instruction's & entered the Password 'password' ( minus apostrophes of course) & still it does not work. In the end I pressed cancel & received a message that it was unable to verify user (or something along those lines)

I have tried the reset Password multiple times & tried logging in through the NASNavigator2 using both default settings & my Password & user settings still I cannot access my NAS. I have trawled through the forums & I have yet to find a solution although some other users report similar problems

I am now at the end of my tether & so if anyone can guide me through this I would be grateful.

Thanks in advance.

dziubelis

• Calf
Re: HELP! HELP! HELP! Password problem.
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 04:35:13 PM »

What did You do to reset the password?

Deafault ones are admin / password.

And its case sensitive, IMO.

Bullitt659

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2011, 03:54:22 AM »

I switched off my NAS pushed the function button held it for about six seconds released it then pressed it again for 1 second. No joy.

I also cant acess it through my PC!! In desperation I uninstalled the NASNavvi & tried to reinstall but in now says set up has fai;led.

Any ideas??

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2011, 11:05:20 AM »

I would try a different PC. If the Nas Navigator cannot even install on that Pc then there is an issue with that PC.

Bullitt659

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2011, 11:18:38 AM »

Funnily enough that is what I have just tried with my lap top which is running XP I still can't log in or reset the password.

When I try the password reset it goes through the motions then the LED up top turns orange & blinks then turns blue.

I could see the share file in my network places & when I tried access it it says I don't have permission to access the drive contact your network administrator. The icon then disappeared. The linkstation appears to be working as usual I just cant access it!! Which is bloody frustrating.

Jotin wrote:

I would try a different PC. If the Nas Navigator cannot even install on that Pc then there is an issue with that PC.

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2011, 11:23:53 AM »

And you have tried FAQ 2 of 5? I would try that again but with windows in safe mode.

Bullitt659

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2011, 02:18:32 AM »

I have tried this with windows in normal mode only to be told by the LS updater that the drive to be updated cannot be found! I will try it today in safe mode & let you know how I get on.

I do think Buffalo has made this procedure over complicated I am sure a simple factory reset switch would be a lot easier instead of this stupid switch off switch on push the button rubbish we have to deal with. Think of the time everyone could save if all they had to do was push a paperclip in a small hole to reset the system!!! It works for my router. Just an observation.

Jotin wrote:

And you have tried FAQ 2 of 5? I would try that again but with windows in safe mode.

Bullitt659

• Calf
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2011, 04:08:13 AM »

Right I know I said I was going to leave this for the weekend but it is just bugging me. Anyway I have managed to get it into EM mode using the unplug trick. 

I want to make sure I flash the firmware with no errors or mistakes so I have a couple of questions.

1. Now it is in EM mode do I use the normal or force firmware procedure.

2. Should I check the delete user-config box

3. I have both the 1.37 (original) &  1.41 firmware versions which is safest to use. I am a uk user with the infamous BT Home hub 2

Also I would be grateful for any other pointers you may have. I am now definitely going to spend the rest of this weekend with my family.

Again thanks in advance.

RoyalGreen

• Calf
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2011, 04:26:29 AM »

How did you specifically get the device into EM mode. I have tried the unplug trick, which i regard to be cutting the power 4 times to get it into EM mode but nothing happened. It just booted up like normal.

I have flashed my device many times, I'm not a admin but...

I simply download the LSUpdater.exe for my device and flash it from there.

Due to the password issue we are having it sounds like it would make sense to delete the user-config data. But I dont understand what in reality that tickbox will do.

Bullitt659

• Calf
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2011, 09:07:49 AM »

All I did was switch it on & off a few times it was more than four Basically I used the switch on the power cable & as I was going about my business I kept switching if off & on never letting it boot up. Eventually I left it alone & the blue led just on top just kept flashing, I let it do that for a few hours. I then turned it off via the switch at the back & noticed after a few minutes it had not powered down so I switched it via the switch on the cable. I left it overnight & when I booted it up this morning I it was in EM mode. I just hope I have not damaged it. I will keep you updated.

Bullitt659

• Calf
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2011, 09:41:29 AM »

Ok dont try it after trying to flash the firmware I got an error message & now the LED blinks 6 times which means the hard drive is not recognized.

Great not happy at all.

Thaitawat

• Tatanka
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2011, 08:57:41 PM »

I've experienced the same problem.
Problem is caused by an incomplete update firmware.
I solved by reinstall new firmware again while the system is in EM mode.

Bullitt659

• Calf
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2011, 04:18:04 AM »

So I have contacted Buffalo Uk this morning , who I must say were very helpful. Basically if you buy the unit in Europe do not use the US firmware as you will invalidate your warranty & it does not work.

Unless I have missed something I cannot see that it says this anywhere!! They say they should get it working again but I will lose my DATA.

Nice.