Author Topic: Auto-Boot TeraStation TS-RXL after power failure  (Read 17078 times)

Jotin

• Big Bull
Re: Auto-Boot TeraStation TS-RXL after power failure
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2012, 11:34:53 AM »

Attach an LCD to the vga port on the front of the unit behind the door and a USB keyboard in to the back. Boot the unit up and press delete to enter the bios settings and then go to advanced, then Extra Low Power S5 Control and choose enable. Then press F10 to save and exit.

You can test this feature to make sure its working by allowing the unit to fully boot and then un-plugging the power, waiting 30 seconds and plugging the cable back in. It will power back up after 10 seconds.

As for the serial number, sometimes this is in the interface on the left hand side. If not it is always printed on the back of the unit on the white sticker near the bar code.

danvanf

• Calf
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2012, 03:56:58 PM »

I stand corrected.  That rocks, there's even a prompt.  I noticed under SouthBridge Chipset an option called Restore on AC Power Loss, which I also set.  Excellent.  I might now try Wake on Lan, just as a backup.  Thank you very much,  I seldom post on a board, especially after calling support, I'm so glad you answered. 

marknixon

• Calf
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2012, 08:55:27 AM »

Hi Jotin,

If you look at the title of this thread, you will realise we are referring to the TS-RXL model, which is the model I have. Furthurmore, being a rack mount model, I would consider it to be more 'enterprise' - how wrong I was. Apart from the lack of features expected in a NAS of its price (Incompatability with newer UPS's, Propriotry and rigid rsync implementation, no auto-boot after power failure, bad quality UI, the list goes on) - the fact is that a) the model reffered to in this thread does not have a vga port and b) call technical support and then what? Tell them about all the features the units dont have? Did that a while back, and they told me to go and post in the feature request lounge. Too bad nobody is listening there.

I am all ears if you have a way to enable auto-boot after a power failure without a vga port. Wake on lan would also be another great feature... are you aware of a way to access the BIOS on my unit?

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2012, 04:49:20 PM »

marknixon wrote:

Hi Jotin,

If you look at the title of this thread, you will realise we are referring to the TS-RXL model, which is the model I have. Furthurmore, being a rack mount model, I would consider it to be more 'enterprise' - how wrong I was. Apart from the lack of features expected in a NAS of its price (Incompatability with newer UPS's, Propriotry and rigid rsync implementation, no auto-boot after power failure, bad quality UI, the list goes on) - the fact is that a) the model reffered to in this thread does not have a vga port and b) call technical support and then what? Tell them about all the features the units dont have? Did that a while back, and they told me to go and post in the feature request lounge. Too bad nobody is listening there.

I am all ears if you have a way to enable auto-boot after a power failure without a vga port. Wake on lan would also be another great feature... are you aware of a way to access the BIOS on my unit?

WOL is available on the TS-RXL, check on the network settings.

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2012, 05:41:24 PM »

I understand that that the topic is about the TS-RXL. The engineers have been listening to our customer's requests and we've been adding the features as we produce more models. It's likely, though I'm not sure since I'm not an engineer, that they could not enable or include an auto power option because this unit does not have a modifiable bios. I understand your frustration but we do we have 24/7 pre sales and technical support that can answer any question about the product before you purchase it. We are always working on our web gui. If you wish you can PM me some concerns about it and I can have the developers take a look.