Author Topic: Linkstation live bittorrent issues  (Read 3324 times)

virdee123

• Calf
Linkstation live bittorrent issues
« on: January 01, 2009, 08:30:10 AM »

Hi peeps

I have just purchased the new linkstation live 500gb NAS drive which includes the bittorrent service. I have set everything up and I am having major problems getting the bittorrent client to work. I have uploaded torrent files from my pc up to te download manager. Once this has been done nothing happens, Ive even portforwarded the recommended port from the documentation which is 6881 but still the same issue. I have also now applied the latest firmware which has not solved this issue. Can anyone please provide any assistance. Many thanks v

Paul

• Big Bull
Re: Linkstation live bittorrent issues
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2009, 08:47:20 AM »
Go under maintenance and set the unit back to factory defaults.  This will not cause data loss, however it will force the unit to boot off of the new firmware.

virdee123

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2009, 10:56:25 AM »

Hi Paul

Thanks for the response. When I check the status of the NAS device it tells me that the new version of the firmware is in place. Do I still need to set the device back to factory defaults, will this result in changes to all my network settings on the device??. I did do a quick check on the device this morning to see if any progress had been made on the torrent files I added but this was still the same 0% complete in the bittorrent manager. Is this a known fix by restoring the factory defaults with the new firmware in place.? Thanks

virdee123

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2009, 04:58:26 PM »

Hi

Just to let you know I got a fix, I applied the dns server addresses and all now seems to be working fine. thanks V