Author Topic: Cloudstor Info/Error Flashes - and what do they mean  (Read 4373 times)

menma

• Calf
Cloudstor Info/Error Flashes - and what do they mean
« on: May 02, 2011, 03:13:47 AM »

I recently bought a Cloudstor CS-WV2.0/1D.. 
connected it up, activated and it worked fine..

the next day of using it, the INFO/Error light is flashing.. 2 long and 5 short.. amber colour..
what does it mean..?

I've checked my firewall, DHCP and all seems fine since it worked before..
even restarted the cloudstor and still same error.. 
what could it be.. please advise.

Jotin

• Big Bull
Re: Cloudstor Info/Error Flashes - and what do they mean
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 12:08:47 PM »

That means that is upating its firmware. You want to leave the unit on and let it finish its process.

yupyupman

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 12:19:45 PM »

I have had my Cloudstor Pro for about 10 days now and it has disconnected from the network at least 5 times.  This morning when I went to power down and reconnect *yet again* the unit now gives me 6 red error flashes.  VERY frustrating, please help!

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2011, 01:37:31 PM »

Did you remove the main hard drive? If not you could try downloading the firmware and flashing it? Were you turning off the unit when it was flashing the 2 short and 5 long flashes? If you kept doing that you could have caused your unit to brick and give you that 6 flashes, which means that the firmware has crashed. If the firmware flash fails to fix the unit then the unit will need to be replaced.

yupyupman

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2011, 04:44:51 PM »

My situation was this - each time it disconnected from the network, I would power down, disconnect the plug and ethernet cable, and start over.  It would stay connected for 24-48 hours and then I would have to repeat this sequence.  The other day, when I did this yet again and powered it back on, it went straight to 6 red led's.  I personally never had seen the 2 short, 5 long flashes.  After several attempts to power down/power up, I shut the whole thing down, unplugged it and removed the drive.   Plugged it back in and tried to power up again, but was still met with the same 6 red led's.

zphafman

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2011, 08:03:54 AM »

Hello same situation here - I have the 2TB Cloudstor Pro and it was working fine - I added a second drive and set it up to mirror the first... it went through the setup process just fine, then shut itself down.  I rebooted (several times) and it just gives me the 6 red blinking lights (one long, then 6 short). 

This was supposed to be a simple, right out of the box product... instead, it's driving me insane!  What is the situation and how to fix?!?!

Thanks in advance...

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2011, 11:24:00 AM »

@yupyup Man,

It sounds like the firmware has crashed to the point were the unit cannot boot at all. You can download the firmware and try to follow the TFTP boot process FAQ 3 of 5. Drop the contents of the firmare into the TFTP folder. Use the LS WXL for the TFTP file to download. Follow the instructions and your unit MIGHT come up to where you can flash the firmware. I am not sure that this will work as there is no TFTP boot process for your unit but you can try. If it fails then the next step would be to replace it.

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2011, 11:25:07 AM »

@zphafman,

I'm sorry that you are having these issues : (. The steps I gave for the previous post will be what you will want to do as well. When the unit is actually working correctly it is very quick and easy.

yupyupman

• Calf
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2011, 11:28:36 AM »

zphafman - My unit bricked upon the 6 LED's.  I got a replacement from the retailer and the new one has been working great.  Also, I just pulled the HDD from the old one since I already put 3 computer's worth of data on it and placed it in the new one.  Sent the HDD from the replacement unit back with the bricked unit.  Have not had to do any rebooting or annoying fixes.  The second one just worked, the first one simply didn't.

juancave

• Calf
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2011, 09:38:12 PM »

I has I have had my Cloudstor Pro. I removed the main hard drive. I turned on the flash drive and flashing 2 short and 5 long flash. As I can correct this error?