Author Topic: LS Live HS-DH500GL - Setting up multiple shares  (Read 3579 times)

Joffy

• Calf
LS Live HS-DH500GL - Setting up multiple shares
« on: December 31, 2008, 01:34:57 PM »

Hi All

After setting up web access (eventually!!) to my LS, I am now having trouble setting up shares that are private (i.e web access only by me) and shares for my family to web access.

I have used the web UI to set up two "users" myself and family, to my two shares (private and family), the private share for me to access only and the family share for my family to access.

Everytime I log in as either user through buffalo web it gives me access to both shares with either logon.

Further to that I cant access both mapped drives on my winXP as I keep getting logon errors

ANy Help would be greatly appreciated by this noob !!

Cheers

Jason

• El Toro
Re: LS Live HS-DH500GL - Setting up multiple shares
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2009, 09:11:49 AM »
   The access restrictions you set locally are seperate from the ones for web access. Locally you can differentiate, with web access it's either disable or allow all groups and users.

Joffy

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2009, 11:41:35 AM »

Thanks for that, so just to clarify, I cant make any of the shares private for web access? i.e I only want my family to see the familyshare, not for them to see my private share (which I would also like to have web access for-but only by me!)

Paul

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2009, 08:51:56 AM »
Give your self and your family access rights to the family folder.  On a separate folder on the root level give only yours self access rights to view it.

Joffy

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2009, 09:37:32 AM »

Hi Paul..Thanks for reply -

I have set up 2 local users ME and FAMILY

I have set up 2 shared folders PRIVATE and FAMILY 

In my LS web UI I have enabled web access to PRIVATE and FAMILY folders for all groups/users

Ive logged in as each user and can see both PRIVATE and FAMILY folders for each logon 

Ive tried what you suggested but theres no option to remove a "user" when you enable web access rights-its either read only or read/write for ALL users - how do I remove FAMILY user from access rights to PRIVATE folder?

Ta Muchly ! 

Paul

• Big Bull
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2009, 01:57:09 PM »
Remove family as a registered user in the access rights section of that folder "family"

Joffy

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2009, 02:30:04 PM »
   Thanks again Paul but as per my last line on any of the folders (shares) I have set up- its either read only or read/write for ALL users I have set up local user accounts for  - how do I actually remove one of these local users from the access rights area in a folder I dont want them to see...Im Confused ?!......Thanks for your patience with this noob!!

Paul

• Big Bull
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2009, 10:19:06 AM »

You will have 3 categories write/read  Read only   no access

as you move the user from the left (no access) to the right (read/write) you will be giving them access.

as for the setting in the top of the screen for read only or read/write leave that to read/write.  As long as you have access restrictions enabled you will not have an issue.