Author Topic: Disable Trashbox on ez linkstation ls-l320gl  (Read 9014 times)

tropicalview

• Calf
Disable Trashbox on ez linkstation ls-l320gl
« on: September 29, 2008, 08:13:19 AM »

Hi,

I Use the ls-l320gl for a authomated backup.

but i ran into problems that the deleted files are not deleted but placed in the trash box.

due to that the new backup will not take place, and i would like to disable this feature,

but it seems to be possible only by the web interface and this version doesn't have that.

is there a other way to disable this?

chrish

• Calf
Re: Disable Trashbox on ez linkstation ls-l320gl
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2008, 02:27:42 PM »
   There is no way to disable the trashbox on the LS-L320GL.  The ability to turn off this feature was not add till the LS-CL version of the LinkStation EZ.

manglewurzle

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2009, 06:30:20 PM »

It can be done - I've done it on mine - it's fiddly.  You have to use acp_commander to install telnet on the linkstation (http://wiki.fireflymediaserver.org/Linkstation_Live_Pro_Install), then use telnet to get in, navigate to /etc/samba/ and edit the samba.conf file to remove the four lines at the bottom that refer to the trashbox (http://buffalo.nas-central.org/index.php/Category:LS-LGL). The only editing program that seems to be there is VI.

ybpants

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2009, 08:46:02 AM »

manglewurzle,

Thanks for adding this entry to the forum but i am having problems with it and i wondered if you could help.  I am able to telnet to the LS but i cant get the download files as the links are broken

*Deleted by Moderator* 

I was wondering if you could point us in the direction of these files on the download site

thanks

Message Edited by Jason on 03-04-2009 09:53 AM

Jason

• El Toro
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2009, 09:50:32 AM »

There will be no discussion of how to "hack" or alter the code of our products on our forums.

See this provision, in the user guidelines posted on the forum:

(9) suggest or show how to make alterations or changes to firmwareor hardware of Buffalo Technology products, use of DD-WRT, Tomato, ornon-Buffalo-approved firmware (violates and terminates USA warranty ofwireless products.), or provide links to non-Buffalo-approved firmwareor hardware how-to articles.

Discussing information of this sort will get your post/thread deleted.

Roger1

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2009, 11:13:14 PM »

Thanks very much manglewurzle for your info, as at long last I was able to disable my trashbox, no thanks to Buffalo.
It was fiddly as you said and took a bit of trial and error, but well worth it in the end.
Thanks again. 
Message Edited by Roger1 on 03-21-2009 11:14 PM