Author Topic: Empty Recycle Bin of Each folder not working  (Read 6101 times)

whammers

• Calf
Empty Recycle Bin of Each folder not working
« on: April 26, 2011, 12:04:41 PM »

Hello!

We recently purchased the TeraStation NAS drives in 3 different offices - TeraStation Duo TS-WX2.0TL/R1 - f/w ver: 1.50

I enabled the recycle bin for each shared folder (user folders) and they became quite full quickly due to a separate issue which has since been resolved.   When I go to the users workstations and try to manually empty the files in the TRASHBOX folder it either takes forever or gives an error that the files can not be deleted.  Decided to do a one-off "Empty recycle bin of each folder" in the Folder Set-up screen - it prompts for the confirmation number - however after it is entered nothing happens in the shared folders - the TRASHBOX is still full of files.  Am I missing a step here or is this a known bug?

Thanks!

Tammy

p.s. sorry post didn't orginally have text in it - IE 9 compatibility - go figure!

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: Empty Recycle Bin of Each folder not working
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 02:05:15 PM »

reenter the post, its coming up blank.

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

SamuelK

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2011, 05:36:00 AM »

I'm new to Buffalo NAS but here's one thing I found to fast delete many files (like trashbox) :

1. create a new shared folder, say 'tmp', to use with sftp

2. enable sftp for all shared folders from which you want to delete fodlers / files

3. use WinSCP to connect to the NAS

4. find each folder you want deleted, right click, 'move to', then select  the 'tmp' folder as destination

5. when all folders are moved to the tmp share, connect to the admin web, and click 'delete share'

the web interface takes a few seconds to report 'Done', but you can hear the NAS work for much longer - a couple minutes for a few dozen gigs in 20.000 files on my LS-WV 4TB

if the 'empty recycle bins' feaure doesn't work, this trick should give you a work-around.

whammers

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2011, 10:20:21 PM »

A much long overdo big thank you for your help Samuel - that did the job!!!  Interestingly enough I ran the Empty Recycle for all shares on one of our NAS devices a few days ago and it worked??  Well at least I now know an alternative way to do just in case I run into this problem again!

Thanks again!!  :smileyhappy: