Author Topic: Copy from USB drive to Linkstation Live Bittorrent LS-CHL F/W 1.01  (Read 3880 times)

zeecue

• Calf

Hi

Why is the transfer from a USB drive to the Linkstation very slow, i only get about 500kbs, and i am on a 1000mbps network, with jumboframe support.

Can the Linkstation Live be used with a USB hub, i so i can have 2 usb keys attached to it? If no, can it be done in a new firmware?

Is there any difference in the 1,01 firmware, and i the 1,02 firmware?

What speeds do you other get from your Linkstation?

And what FTP speeds do you get?

Best Regards

Morten

Paul

• Big Bull
Re: Copy from USB drive to Linkstation Live Bittorrent LS-CHL F/W 1.01
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2009, 01:17:34 PM »
Make sure you update the firmware, also try setting the unit back to factory defaults from the web interface, (this will not cause data loss).

zeecue

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2009, 05:42:07 PM »

Hi Again

I have updated to the latest firmware, and the problem is persistant.

The USB harddisk is a Western Digital MyBook 250GB USB2.0.

Is it possible for Buffalo to make a firmware with a better FTP setup, so i can select what amount of bandwith each user can use and such settings?

And is it normal for the Linkstation to be slow when i use the setup, it takes about 25 seconds to se the page, when i fx select System Status.

And can the Linkstation run with out the fan? or is there a possibility to make the fan run at different pre set temperatures?

Best Regards

Morten

Paul

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2009, 09:00:33 AM »
I will pass this request up to our corporate office for review.  We are always looking to make Buffalo products better.

zeecue

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2009, 12:10:58 PM »

Thank you, just ask if you need more information, i have worked with both linux and Windows for about 10 years now, and have quite some expertise.

Best Regards

Morten