Author Topic: backup from win server 2008 r2 on terastation ts-xl failed ("file format" error?)  (Read 2087 times)

verna

• Calf

hello,

i want to backup our fileserver (win server 2008 r2) to terastation ts-xl. the windows server backup feature finds the shared folder and starts the backup. finally the backup is "not complete" and the error notice is "backup failed because the version does not support this version of the file format". i have tried to change some settings and on different folders, but the problem is always the same.

could someone help me with this?

thanks a lot!

werner

verna

• Calf

sorry, i forgot:

firmware is 1.5

Jotin

• Big Bull

This is not something that we can support. If you can access the files through Windows normally then the unit is functioning. You do get a peice of software called Novstor that comes with the unit that we could help you out with. 

verna

• Calf

thank you for your answer!

ok, i had to learn that win server 2008 r2 does not support the file format from the NAS at all, in the meantime we tried out "Cobian Backup 10", and this works quite fine.

BUT...:

i also want to try out the software you mentioned, NOVAbackup, which should have been included in the package of the TeraStation, but it was not so... there is only 1 CD included, and it contains only the NAS-Navigator 2.1, NOT the Novstor Software...

can it happen that the CD is missing? i did not look twice because another person had ordered the TeraStation and i did not know about the software and that it should be here...

do you think there is a way that i can get this software, maybe after mailing my bill and the serial number of the terastation to buffalotech?

thanks again very much!

werner

Jotin

• Big Bull

Most definitely. Go to http://www.buffalotech.com/support/downloads and select your model number. You'll see Novastor version 12. Go ahead and download that using your serial number. The serial number will start with a 958 and is 14 numbers long.