Author Topic: Linkstation - HSCH500GL  (Read 2382 times)

Freaka

• Calf
Linkstation - HSCH500GL
« on: December 30, 2008, 06:43:08 PM »

I just brought home and hooked up this unit the other day and admittedly, i know nothing about networking but i was able to set this up with ease. I have my PC running XP and my laptop running Vista both communicating with the Linkstation. It is working exactly how I had planned.

However, I am unable to get my All-In-One printer working with the print server which I understand it to be a problem that most all-in-one's have. So, my question is, is there a way around this? I would hate to have to buy a new printer just to make it work with the print server. Can or how do I share this printer between both machines? I can connect to the desktop but the laptop would need to be able to print wirelessly.

Any ideas or input would be greatly appreciated. I wish I had known this before I bought the unit. There has to be a way around it.

Michael

• Calf
Re: Linkstation - HSCH500GL
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 11:36:19 PM »

I am sorry to say that there is no way to get the All-In-One printers working with the printer servers on the linkstations.  I have included a link to the microsoft website on how to set up printer sharing between your computers. This would allow you to connect it to your desktop computer and print from your laptop.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/expert/honeycutt_july2.mspx