Author Topic: CloudStor Pro Email Notification  (Read 2269 times)

allamand

• Calf
CloudStor Pro Email Notification
« on: April 18, 2011, 09:53:16 PM »

Under the ip address there is a setting for sending  Email Notification for HD status, Disk error, and Fan failure. I have tried both my email address and neither one comes through with anything.

this is what the Cloudstor site says, not much help.. Does a port need to be opeded in Windows firewall or the router?

Notifications - Enable Email notification to have your CloudStor automatically send you an email if errors occur. Click [Add] to enter the email addresses that notification will be sent to. Choose which events (Hard Drive Status, Fan Failure, and/or Disk Error) will trigger a notification. Click [Send Test Message] to send a sample email to registered addresses, or [Save] to save your changes and exit. Note: if your notification emails don't seem to arrive, check your **bleep** folder!

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
Re: CloudStor Pro Email Notification
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 09:22:01 AM »

You shouldn't need to forard any ports, I take it that you checked your sp.am folder?  Double check all of you email settings and try resetting the unit through the interface.

allamand

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 01:48:04 PM »

Yep, checked the **bleep** folder, nothing. Unplugged the unit and tried again, nothing, but do notice after i try and send an email, I have to manually refresh the page. This is all being tried using Firefox 4 and the router is a WZR-HP-G300NH with DD-WRT on it.

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2011, 02:28:45 PM »

What email service are you using? Gmail, hotmail, yahoo or your own custom email server? 

allamand

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011, 01:57:12 PM »

Well, to answer the ?, I use Hotmail/Live

but want to report, that today I received my 1st email! I haven't touched nor changed anything, and firmware is not set to auto update, so

I have no explanation as to why it is working, or at least today worked!

Activity Report

[CloudStorInformation]
CloudStorName: CS-WVEXX
Time: 2011/04/26 13:00:01
IP Address: 192.168.1.125
Setting Screen:
Running Time : 6 days, 14:52:31

[HDD Usage Status]
RAID Array 1 Usage Rate : 471684608 kbytes / 1938180224 kbytes (Usage Rate 24%)

[DISK error status]
DISK1   0
DISK2   0

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2011, 01:28:55 PM »

The test message might have failed but at least the actual message got through. And if you leave the default setting it will email you at midnight. I used gmail with it and it worked just fine. You could also try using a gmail account and see if the test message fails then too. But at least it is working for your with your default hotmail/live account.

VirtualBill

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2011, 08:51:11 PM »

I'm having exactly the same problem with my new CloudStor Pro.  No test emails go through even though it says they were sent successfully.  Nothing in the spam folder either.   I'm using a gmail account.   Tried power cycling the unit after saving the email settings, but that's no help either....   

Would be curious if anyone else has experienced this and has figured out how to resolve it.  Thanks in advance.

RTShaw

• Calf
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2011, 05:58:36 PM »

yep i'm having the same problem. my 1st unit worked just fine with this feature But this 2nd unit doesnt. Even updating 2 the latest firmware didnt do the trick  then the firmware was knocked back to a previous version (and kept my mainfolder shared but removed everyones email address) - wierd but i did send the info 2 tech support today.

This email notification thing is strange..

"Shuffling off 2 Buffalo!"