Author Topic: Adding an external hardier problem  (Read 3131 times)

Greedy

• Calf
Adding an external hardier problem
« on: December 30, 2008, 05:10:32 PM »
   i have a hs dh1.0tgl/r5-r terastation which has 2 usb ports in the back. I was told i would be able to add an external harddrive to this and so i did.  At first it would read everything on it through the buffalo nas navigator.  It showed that i had already used 445 gb of the 465gb.  Then i proceeded to download some torrents.  I was putting the torrents on the terastation.  It was working for a while and then an error came up on utorrent and the terastation locked up. And i noticed that my buffalo nas navigator was not showing my external harddrive anymore.  so i unplugged it from the terastationg and the terastation alone worked fine but only when i plug in the external hd it will continually do the same thing.  It is a seagate 500 gb hard drive.  anyone know if there is any way to get them to work together.

Greedy

• Calf
Re: Adding an external hardier problem
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 05:18:36 PM »
   its external harddrive the check spelling did that lol hardier..anyways my firm ware is 2.14....and its hooked up to a d link dir 655 xtreme gigabit router which is hooked up to several computers.

Paul

• Big Bull
Re: Adding an external hardier problem
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2008, 10:51:30 AM »

Try flashing the firmware on the terastation then set the unit back to factory defaults. 

Power down the unit then connect the USB drive, reboot the TS.

This should resolve the issue.