Author Topic: How to get out of EM Mode (Emergency/Engineering Mode) for Linkstation LIVE LS-CHL?  (Read 7782 times)

sarah_laz

• Calf

Hi,

I am trying to help someone out of Emergency mode, but they do not have any CD or instruction manual for their buffalo linkstation. The model is

LS-CH1.OTL-EU, and the version is 2.31, according to the NASNavigator 2. Their machine is Windows XP.

Everywhere I have read says to reflash the firmware. The buffalo site has updates for firmware:

http://www.buffalotech.com/support/downloads/

Choose a buffalo model number>Network Storage>LS-CH1.OTL -  Linkstation Live

But there are different firmware updates depending on whether your firmware version is greater than v.1.07 or not. I assumed that if mine is version 2.31, this relates to the firmware and is therefore greater than 1.07. But there is a README file attached to this download that says:

"This software is to update unit firmware to ver.1.37. If your unit firmware is ver.1.37 or later, you do not have to use this utility"

I am now unsure whether or not to download this firmware, as the person I am helping is worried about losing data, and I have read various forums and guides that say not to use the wrong firmware.

Any advice would be appreciated,

Thanks

Sarah

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Post a picture of the bottom (underneath) of your unit and I'll let you know what firmware you need.
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

sarah_laz

• Calf

Thanks!

Here is a link to a picture of the underside of it:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/61896620@N05/5634321751/in/photostream

There is some text that I am not sure if you will be able to read or if it's relevant.

Here it is:

001D73 A3714D

15845790406395 G    LS-CH1.OTL-EU

Cheers,

Sarah

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Thanks for the picture, your unit is a version1 so you need to reinstall the 1.07 firmware.
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

sarah_laz

• Calf
OK thanks for the advice, I will give it a go!