Author Topic: Delete Shared Folder  (Read 3072 times)

salmonlv

• Calf
Delete Shared Folder
« on: April 10, 2011, 10:57:14 AM »

My info: LS-CHL F/W 1.06

Firmware version: 1.06

I created a shared folder on my linkstation using the web admin and would like to delete it but the web admin doesn't give me a check box by the shared folder so that I can delete.  How do I delete the shared folder?

Jotin

• Big Bull
Re: Delete Shared Folder
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2011, 10:10:01 AM »

I would try updating the firmware on the unit. Then I would do a system restore. After that try deleting the share. 

salmonlv

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 12:29:07 AM »

I updated the firmware to 1.07 and was still not given the option of deleting the shared folder.  I downloaded the updater for 1.37, but that says "LinkStation that needs updating was not found."  Still don't know what to do.

cbergeson

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2011, 02:02:44 PM »

Hey Salmonlv, the 1.07 is the newest version for your revision of the linkstation, the 1.37 version is for a different revision of the linkstations.  So in the linkstation's web page in the shared folder section, what did you name your share?  Are there other shared folders that do have the check box next to them?  If you create a new shared folder does it have the same issue?  I'd try a different web browser if you can as well.

salmonlv

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2011, 09:24:59 AM »

I opened the web admin using Chrome and got the same options as I was getting in IE.  Below is a screenshot so you can see what I'm talking about.  The problem folder is named Portable-HD.

Screenshot

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2011, 02:13:59 PM »

And if you remove the USB disk, does that Portable-HD folder go away? 

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2011, 02:14:43 PM »

You could also try going to Maintenance, then initialization and choosing restore to factory defaults and then trying to delete that share. 

salmonlv

• Calf
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2011, 09:16:23 AM »

Removing the USB drive didnt remove the shared folder.  See the pic.  If I restore to factory defaults, will that delete any data I have stored on the drive?  Could it be the permissions on the shared folder?  How do I check them?  I figure that since I used the Linkstation web admin to create the shared folder that I should be able to delete it using the same web adming.

NAS Admin Photo

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2011, 09:22:01 AM »

It is not a permissions issue and if you do the restore like I said it will not delete the data. 

salmonlv

• Calf
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2011, 06:00:47 AM »

Doing the restore didn't work.  Just get the same results when I go to the shares.  The reason I thought it might be a permission issue is because when I navigate to the shared folder in question using explorer and then click on it, I get the following message:

salmonlv

• Calf
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2011, 09:36:06 AM »

Any other solutions?

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2011, 10:42:28 AM »
Yes, backup your data on the linkstation and once done rebuild the partition table.
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!