Author Topic: UPnP Gateway not found and/or doesn't support port forwarding, use manual setup.  (Read 24601 times)

gronnholm

• Calf

I've a LinkStation LS-VL201 and can't get the WebAccess working ......

When I try to Enable the WebAccess I get re <subject> message ....

I've a Linksys WRT610N router and the UPnP is Enable. The LS-VL201 is connected to the WRT610N and working apart from this "glitch" :smileymad:

Any advice(s)/hint(s) "how to" would be apriciated :smileyhappy: before trying the manual setup path ... just have a gut feeling I will face same message if/when trying to set up the WebAccess manualy?

P.s. installed the LS-VL201 through my PC/LAN running Windows 7.

RT610N

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
You will need to disable upnp, select internal and external port 9000. Then go onto your router and forward port 9000 for TCP to the IP address of the linkstation.
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

gronnholm

• Calf

THANKS davo, did that (Advanced) and works fine! :smileyhappy:

P.s. Didn't need to disable the UPnP on my router, just open/forward the internal and external ports (900) to the IP address of my LS and *bingo*

Just wondering why the Easy way doesn't work, can't think of anything why not .... maybe a "glitch" that will be corrected in later firmware v's?

JonM

• Calf

Hi all,

Sorry to jump on to this thread but I seem to be having the same problem with setting up my remote access too. Using Linksys WAG320N router & LS-WVL7CB.

I get the same message of 'UPnP gateway not found / doesn't supprt forwarding, use manual set up'

I have checked the settings on my router and UPnP is enabled - would anybody please be able to advise how to resolve this issue - to somebody who isn't really very knowledgable on all this 'port forwarding' etc !!!

Many thanks in advance

aghorbanmehr

• Calf

Hi

I have a LS-CHL and I want to use it's webaccess, 

my accesspoint is WZR-HP-G300NH, and I enabled it's UPnP but any time that I try to config my LS-CHL to use UPnP, it says "can't find UPnP gateway", I have just tried to set it up for my home to learn how to do it for future in my work shops.

I want to use it In UPnP, I don't want to set it up manually,

actually I'm technical support of Buffalo in my region and I have to answer to this question to our customers.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP

aghorbanmehr wrote:

actually I'm technical support of Buffalo in my region and I have to answer to this question to our customers.

Offical Buffalo Technical support for EMEA (Europe / Middle East and Africa) is not based in Iran, its based in UK/Ireland.

Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

aghorbanmehr

• Calf

Official Buffalo Technical support for EMEA (Europe / Middle East and Africa) is not based in Iran, its based in UK/Ireland.

.........................................................................................................................................................................................................................

I didn't say that I'm Official Buffalo Technical support for EMEA!

But someone should answer  Iranian Buffalo Customers, they can't contact Ireland support center.

I do it in Iran and Support them, I always search on the net and solve their problems,

In Iran everybody knows me as Buffalo Technical Support.

Anyway it wasn't my answer! And I've just solved my problem.

Thank you for your answer.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP

Sorry, it just seemed like you were pawning yourself off as offical support, in which case asking such a basic question looks unprofessional. I ment no harm.

aghorbanmehr

• Calf

No problem :smileywink:

Maybe at first I explained it in a bad way, I'm sorry!

I will use your knowledge in the future.

Thanks again for your answers.

bbuttercupp

• Calf

I have a new  Model: LS-WV4.0TL/R1

Tried web access "easy" setup. Recieved the error above. 

I have been able to follow all the steps in this thread but get stuck here.

What is my BuffaloNAS.com Name?

Where do i find my BuffaloNAS.com Key?

Where do I find this info. After 4 hours of trying to find a solution I give up! Help please!

It won't let me save the manual Web access setup without these.

aghorbanmehr

• Calf

1. You should first login to your NAS web setting

2. Then go to extensions from the top menu

3. After that select the WebAccess from the top menu

4. Here you should select the Advanced WebAccess Setting 

5. Now you can enter a Name and a Key for your NAS (anything you want)

6. For both the external port and NAS internal port enter for example 9000   

remember that you should set your access point to do port forwarding.

If you don't know how to do it please inform me to explain it in more detail.

bbuttercupp

• Calf

Hi,

I did all that, fixed the router too for port forwarding 9000

When I complete steps:5-6 I get this error message: 

"BuffaloNAS.com Name, Username, or Password of remote WebAccess is incorrect."

SO, I went to 1> Extensions 2> Web Support Services

This what WebAccess Connect says:

WebAccess Connect:

Synchronization status:

Target Folder:
-

I have reviewed this as well: buffalonas.com/manual/en/

So my question is how do I get this to connect? What step am I missing? I cannot login at Buffalonas.com

dtowse

• Calf

on the extensions menu

scroll down to web access service list

if you do not see a buffalonas username and password go to

advanced web access settings (located at bottom of screen)

enable web access service

enable use buffalonas.com

enter username (make one up)

enter password

check your ports configuration (see previous ansers from people) and upnp setting

dno't forget to save

and thanks for previous answers everyone helped me get through the same difficulties :)

bbuttercupp

• Calf

Thank you for your assistance. I actually gave up and called the help number.

Linkstation required a full reset to work correctly.

matlink

• Calf
Hi,

I have a similar problem. I have recently purchased a Linkstation (model LS220DB941), hoping I can create a NAS storage so that I can access my data on the go. However, for the past two days, I have stuck with the webacess setting. Regardless of whether I choose UPnP or manual forwarding, always an error message shows up. For example, If I choose manual forwarding with Internal and External port 9000, I get the error message "No response received from NAS". This is despite the fact that I have turned on my router both UPnp and TCP forwarding for ports WAN and LAN ports ranging from 8000 to 1000 for the IP address taken by my Linkstation.  I appreciate it if someone can help me out!

Thanks,
Matt