Author Topic: LS-WVL won't stop blinking blue light  (Read 17302 times)

crawfz

• Calf
Re: LS-WVL won't stop blinking blue light
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2013, 05:26:53 PM »

This Post says lots about this product. If an IT manager is frustrated, what about the general user? I first tried both an iOmega and a D-Link (both failed in different ways), so I turned to a highly recommended product. Even one of my IT friends recommended it. I have had this three days and despite all manner of resets, including powering down, removing 2 x 3TB HDD and re-formatting them; then 'cleaning' them; then re-installing - Nothing! When I try a factory reset, the power light  and function light flash like a Xmas tree, then the power light goes steady and the function light keeps flashing (1 hour at present).

A response from Buffalo Support didn't seem to think this was alarming until I mentioned I was becoming depressed as well as disappointed. The USA Support team has now flicked me to the Australian sub-agent, with a recommendation I return the unit for a replacement.

Again, took the drives out, re-formatted and cleaned them, ready for another try. On NAS Navi2, the software can 'see' the device, but when hovering over the icon (which has a question mark), it says the device is in EM mode, install updated firmware. I can't even 'see' the device on the web browser. As far as my network/browser is concerned the Buffalo LS Duo doesn't exist!

After reading these Posts how can a company as well known as this for backup solutions act so casually towards its users?

chgoeditor

• Calf
Re: LS-WVL won't stop blinking blue light
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2013, 06:16:09 PM »

Consider yourself lucky that you haven't lost data! This is my second Buffalo hard drive to fail. I guess I'm the idiot for buying one--let alone two--in the first place