Author Topic: Processes: $$$nasschedule_window$$ $$$nasfsyncdll_window$$ causing 100% load on CPU  (Read 7797 times)

flapeccino

• Calf

I recently installed LinkStation Pro Duo system on our home network.

Model: LS-WTGL/R1-V3 F/W 3.07

About a week after the install, Windows-XP SP3 (Pentium 4 2.4GHz - 2.5GBRAM) slows down significantly due to two processes causing the CPU to reach 100% busy ratio.

$$$nasschedule_window$$

$$$nasfsyncdll_window$$

When I forced these processes to terminate the PC returns to normal but it keeps shows up

again later.

I googled this process name but I got no hits except another Buffalo user in Japan complaining about the same symptom.

I had a daily disk backup job scheduled every day and it looked like the processes are related to the backup schedule, so I removed the job.  However the processes kept appearing.

Finally I removed the NAS Navigator Software that I installed on this PC which resolved the problem.  I had only installed the software on one PC and I don't need this software installed to access the shares and perform web admin.

My questions are:

What are these processes?

Why does it take up so much CPU time?

What function or features am I missing out from if the NAS Navigator is not installed?

Thank you for your help in this matter.

Paul

• Big Bull
The software sends keep alive packets to the NAS for the auto mode.  If you are not using it then you will only need the software to help setup the device. 

flapeccino

• Calf

Thank you for your quick response.

I'm not using auto (power off) mode so I'm good.

I'm curious as to why this software was able to bring the CPUs it's knees.  And why this problem only happened to me and this other guy in Japan.

Paul

• Big Bull
I will have to open a ticket with my corporate office.

dkeene

• Calf
   I have the same problem; I have $$NASSCHEDULE_WINDOW$$ and $$NASFSYNCDLL_WINDOW$$ always running on my computer (WinXP) and I have a linkstation pro.

ewo

• Calf

I am having this same issue.

My particulars - My Linkstation is on home network.

I am in office on my office network.

No Linkstation available.

"Windows Update" is downloading what is likely a minor security update.

My computer is totally pigged out.

The same thing happened last time and the update took over a day to download and then only 30 seconds to install.

These are the only two times I have had the issue.

Painfully slow.

$$NASSHEDULE_WINDOW$$ and $$NASFSYNCDLL_WINDOW$$ are both present in task manager.

Unsure if this helps with finding solution/workaround.

sfblundell

• Calf
   same problem here ... the processes absolutely kill my system performance and, since I don't use auto-shutdown, my impression is that the processes offer no benefits -- otherwise the product has been very good.

lucet

• Calf

I have the same problem here.

I even have troubles on my private network.

The second computer using Wireless connection is not able to connect the network as long as the processes are runing !!

What to do ?

domwalton

• Calf

Am I relieved to find this... a couple of weeks after adding a LinkStation to the network, one computer (XP SP3) would become crippled every few days, I mean really crippled.  Turns out it is the one with the Navigator software installed, I don't need it anymore so I will remove it.

sarap

• Calf

I'm having exactly the same problem, but do use the auto power mode. If this is whats causing it then its incredibly frustrating as it literally brings my whole system to its knees, but this is the very feature that made me choose the buffalo setup. surely this is an issue that should be resolved?

rcampbell12

• Calf

This problem has been going on since 2008 and still no fix?  I guess that's just an affirmation of my decision to not use Buffalo products anymore.  What I have from them is SLOW, SLOW, SLOW.  Now today I run into this four year old problem.  I like my Seagate NAS better and in the future it will probably continue to be something other than Buffalo.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP

rcampbell12 wrote:

This problem has been going on since 2008 and still no fix?  I guess that's just an affirmation of my decision to not use Buffalo products anymore.  What I have from them is SLOW, SLOW, SLOW.  Now today I run into this four year old problem.  I like my Seagate NAS better and in the future it will probably continue to be something other than Buffalo.

Thats great!!! Best and most informative posts i've seen yet!! :-/

How about including some useful information next time?! Or is that too much to ask?! NN version?! Specs of PC? firmware?! Even what f*cking unit you have and what Os you are using?!?!

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!