Author Topic: linkstation live and itunes  (Read 6216 times)

lebios

• Calf
linkstation live and itunes
« on: December 29, 2008, 07:03:50 AM »

Hello

I've just buy a linkstation live 1Tb. I wanted to use the media server feature and Itunes shared library. The firmware version is 1.02.

I enabled Media server, set the folder to my share/music folder, and set up itunes (8) to search for shared library....and nothing... (my firewall is also disable)..

There is no client detected in the "DLNA client that permits access" section, and itunes does not see any library..

So my questions are :

- is this a known bug of the firmware ?

- is there a setting somewhere I missed ?

thanks for your help

lebios

pholt1

• Calf
Re: linkstation live and itunes
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2008, 10:35:28 AM »
   I too am having issues with Itunes and My linkstation live (500).  I have my library (i don't know if i have done it correctly)  but it freezes my computer anytime i try to edit information on the song.

Paul

• Big Bull
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 09:22:46 AM »
Try to force flash the firmware, then set the unit back to factory defaults from the web interface.

Crispin

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2009, 04:30:04 PM »

Hi

You didn't answer the questions in the original thread...

"I enabled Media server, set the folder to my share/music folder, and set up itunes (8) to search for shared library....and nothing... (my firewall is also disable)..

There is no client detected in the "DLNA client that permits access" section, and itunes does not see any library..

So my questions are :

- is this a known bug of the firmware ?

- is there a setting somewhere I missed ?"

I have a linkstation live with the same issues, have tried resets and many configurations with both 1.02 and 1.06 firmware and still no shared library visible in iTunes.

Has anyone got ideas other than reset to factory settings?...sounds a bit too much like "turn it off and count to ten"!

Running XP

Have taken firewall down

All other functionality of linkstation available

iTunes detects other media libraries

SimoPP

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2009, 01:54:21 AM »
   Please notice when you enable the selections: Just enable the first selection because enabling the second selection only limits the server to certain clients which you have to input manually.

Crispin

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2009, 06:36:21 AM »

:smileysad:

Doesn't help me...I have one selection under "Media Server" tab...enable/disable

Haven't touched other settings beyond that