Author Topic: Please rescure my new External Hard Disk  (Read 1932 times)

cau2germany

• Calf
Please rescure my new External Hard Disk
« on: March 31, 2011, 01:44:08 AM »

Hi,

I bought a new Buffalo External USB Hard Disk (HD-CB1.0TU2) from a store in Japan in the middle of this month.

The HD run smoothly for the first week but it was suddenly shut off (became unformatted partition) without any accident.

I tried to reformat it but after that the copy speed was very very slow. I check the disk and found a lots of bad sectors.

I can't not return it to the store for warranty service because I went back to my country last week.

I tried to use a lots of tool such as HDD Regenerator or HDD Low Level format but after taking a few days the bad sectors still remain and I can't use the HD.

Do you have any solution to help me?

Thank you so much.

Jotin

• Big Bull
Re: Please rescure my new External Hard Disk
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 08:34:02 AM »

Bad sectors are sectors of the hard drive that are physically damaged. You will have to replace the unit. 

cau2germany

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 09:09:37 PM »

The HD Regenerator tool can fix all of my bad sectors (wish successful message) but when I try to scan again the bad sectors appeared again.

I have already lost all of my data in that driver so I do not need to backup :(.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2011, 06:41:26 AM »

As stated, the bad sectors on the HDD are a PHYSICAL issues. It cannot be repaired. The drive would need to be replaced if still under warranty. Contact your regional technical support team.

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!