Author Topic: Brand new LS-WVL power led blinks blue, turns off, and goes through the same cycle.  (Read 4695 times)

terraferma

• Calf

Ok here's my unfortunate story.

Purchased the LS-WVL at a computer fair, but was given the LS-WXL instead.

Not realising, I went home to store my stuff on the LS-WXL, and found the transfer speeds really slow. I then realised that I was given the wrong model.

Gave the retailer and a call and they offered to exchange it.

Turned off the LS-WXL, removed the HDDs (there is some data inside) and exchanged the enclosure.

When I got the LS-WVL, installed the HDDs and tried turning it on, the power led wouldn't stop blinking blue for about a minute, power goes off (light and fan), and the power led stops blinking blue again. There is also scanning sounds going on.

Tried to do the reset (function button for six seconds, turn on NAS, release function and press it for one sec, wait 10-15 min etc etc), but to no avail.

Read the FAQ and wanted to do a TFTP help, but there is no flash image for my particular model.

Please assist, and thanks in advance

terraferma

• Calf

terraferma

• Calf

bump again....

Jotin

• Big Bull

Doing that will not work. You cannot take drives from one model and put them in another model. To get the unit working again you will have to perform a force udpate like the one in FAQ 2 of 5 and also check rebuild partition table and delete user config. 

terraferma

• Calf

Alright thanks!

Will try doing that. Will this wipe out the stuff i already have in the HDD though?

Jotin

• Big Bull

It should not wipe the data. 

terraferma

• Calf

Thanks for the help thus far.

Tried to force firmware, but when I open the LSupdater, it tells my the linkstation that needs updating wasn't found.

Any other suggestions?

I am thinking of connecting the hdds to my PC via the mobo, backup my files, and then formatting the HDDs. Do a fresh install for my NAS after, is that the best way to approach this?

Jotin

• Big Bull

Did you follow the isntructions were its hows you to go tinto the debug settings and choose force update and do not check version? And did you disable any firewalls and antivirus? 

terraferma

• Calf

Yes, everything as stated. There was an additional Noformatting line in the LSupdater, I just left it as it is (value at 1) and added the special flag part leaving a space in between:-

[Flags]
VersionCheck = 0
NoFormatting = 1
[SpecialFlags]
Debug = 1

NAS is still turning powercycling as we speak....(led light flickers, hear some scanning sounds, turns off and goes through the same cycle again)