Author Topic: Various problems with firmware ver 1.50 on TS-WX2.0TL/R1  (Read 1162 times)

djpeck1

• Calf
Various problems with firmware ver 1.50 on TS-WX2.0TL/R1
« on: March 25, 2011, 04:06:43 AM »

I have updated the firmware of my TS-WX2.0TL to version 1.50 and love the additional features it includes, but there are a couple of bugs that seem to have been introduced.

1) As noted by other users posting here the sleep timer will not wake the device if the "wake up" time is entered in GMT. The work around to enter the wake up time according to the Japanese time zone seems to work.

2) A more serious problem however is that since the firmware upgrade once a backup task completes the device then immediately goes into sleep mode. This happens on an "immediate" backup schedule (that I run when the device is awake). I haven't tried it on a backup task scheduled for a specific time. This is a big problem and it means that after running a backup task I have to manually bring the device out of sleep mode. This problem was not observed on the ver 1.30 firmware that I was previously running.

A few questions.

1) Are these problems likely to be addressed in a future firmware release?

2) Is there an "official" method of reporting bugs to Buffalo technicians?

3) Is it possible to "downgrade" firmware versions? i.e. go back to version 1.30 after I have installed version 1.50 and is this likely to cause problems?

I appreciate any assistance with these issues.

Jotin

• Big Bull
Re: Various problems with firmware ver 1.50 on TS-WX2.0TL/R1
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2011, 02:50:13 PM »

Thank you for your post.  The problem about the unit gonig to sleep after a back up I have never heard of before. You could try reflashing the firmware using FAQ 2 of 5 that is pinned at the top of the storage forum. The time issue is being fixed in the form of a firmware upgrade. The way you can report bugs is to either call support or post them here. And yes, you can downgrade the firmware by following the same FAQ 2 of 5. 

djpeck1

• Calf
Re: Various problems with firmware ver 1.50 on TS-WX2.0TL/R1
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2011, 02:30:09 PM »

Hi Jotin.

Thanks for your information.

I'm quite happy to wait for the firmware update to fix the "wake up" issue as I can use a workaround.

Regarding the Terastation entering "sleep" after a backup task completes. I managed to fix this without having to re-flash the 1.50 firmware. All I had to do was to delete the backup task and re-create it and it now runs and completes without causing the Terastation to enter "sleep" state. Perhaps I should have deleted the backup task before flashing the new firmware, but no problem all fixed now.