Author Topic: LinkStation & the Windows 7 "Always Available Offline" Function  (Read 2251 times)

psicop

• Calf

Hello, I have a LinkStation LS-XHLCF6 (firmware 1.34 / DTCP-IP:1.22-20100113), and an HP PC with Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. I am attempting to make a folder on the LinkStation "Always Available Offline," however, that option is not available on the Windows context menu.

I've seen this problem referenced elsewhere in this forum, however, there are no solutions offered. The Recycle Bin option was mentioned as possibiy interfering with this, but that can't be my problem, since it was already turned off.

I wonder if Buffalo is even aware of the issue, and if they have any proposed fix.

Jotin

• Big Bull
Re: LinkStation & the Windows 7 "Always Available Offline" Function
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 08:49:12 AM »

Has this ever worked for you before? 

psicop

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2011, 09:20:57 AM »

No, it has never worked. I just got the Win 7 system and was trying it out at home for the first time. However, I have used this function in Win 7 elsewhere, on other Win 7 systems connected to other servers (both Windows and Linux) and find it useful. I know of no reason I should not expect it to work here.

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2011, 09:51:14 AM »

My first guess is that it is not going to work. The backup and sync functions with Windows 7 and these units do not work either. I could test out the offline file function, but I like I said, I doubt it is going to work. 

psicop

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2011, 09:59:10 AM »

So there is no solution to this problem. I wish I'd known this limitation before I'd bought the Buffalo a year ago. But now that I do, I can plan around it ... and never purchase any Buffalo NAS products again, knowing they lack basic functionality.

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2011, 10:05:18 AM »

They do not "lack basic funcionality". They work just as they were advertised. 

martin44

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2012, 02:59:37 AM »

Hi all,

for now almost half a year I am trying to get "always available offline" to work. My environment:

- Dell Laptop Win7 Ultimate (upgraded from Win7 premium)

- Buffalo Linkstation LS-QL 4TB, FW 1.11

- RAID5

- 2TB USB WD external disk

I can well enable "offline folders" which reside on another Win7 laptop, but not for any network share on the Linkstation

Have read all threads (changed policies, applied Vista Regestry fix etc) but no success.

Any ideas?

BR

Martin