Author Topic: LPCM transcoding support for Linkstation Mini?  (Read 2267 times)

gtd887a

• Calf
LPCM transcoding support for Linkstation Mini?
« on: December 27, 2008, 10:42:13 PM »

Paul, or anyone else-

I purchased a Linkstation Mini specifically because of the certified DLNA support so I could stream to my DirecTV HR20 and thus play my music on my stereo system from my Linkstation.

Of course I quickly found out that this device doesn't really support DLNA, but does something somewhat close.  However, that doesn't help me play any of my thousands of MP3's on my DLNA client. 

The twonky 4.4.4 installation that comes with the Mini doesn't support transcoding mp3's into LPCM.  When are we going to get a firmware update that has either a newer version (5.0?) or some other solution that provides transcoding to LPCM?  This is the whole point of having a media server in the first place.

I'd even settle for twonky making available the 5.0 installation for the Mini, and manually installing it myself- but I'd rather have a supported solution from Buffalo. 

Apparently (judging by the DLNA thread below) I am not the only frustrated customer.

When will we have a solution? 

Thanks,

brian 

Paul

• Big Bull
Re: LPCM transcoding support for Linkstation Mini?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2008, 09:19:20 AM »
I will pass this request up to our corporate office, When I get a response from this I will post it here.